WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iowa State QB -> Illinois State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa State QB -> Illinois State

Former Iowa State quarterback Jared Barnett is transferring to Illinois State.

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/d...nclick_check=1

Re: Iowa State QB -> Illinois State

and his new school has pretty much the exact same mascot and colors (and abbreviation) as his old school.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
      and his new school has pretty much the exact same mascot and colors (and abbreviation) as his old school.

He's a college kid and he can't afford a new wardrobe. Illinois State was the nearest available 'red' school.
      #MACtion

Comment

Not a lot of places you can transfer to and still have your ISU lower-back tattoo still make sense...

Comment

So when does he come back to Iowa? Not until 2014?

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdadtobe View Post
            So when does he come back to Iowa? Not until 2014?
            Correct. We play over there in the last week of next season and the Birds will be back in the Dome in two years.
            #MACtion

Comment

Do we have a definitive schedule yet for 2013? It isn't on the football website. When will it be finalized?

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdadtobe View Post
                Do we have a definitive schedule yet for 2013? It isn't on the football website. When will it be finalized?
                I don't think so. I believe they have 11 of the 12 games set, but they are trying to lock down the last game.

Comment

Originally posted by GoPanthers85 View Post
                  I don't think so. I believe they have 11 of the 12 games set, but they are trying to lock down the last game.
                  This is correct. Still have potentially two open dates.
                  "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Next years' roster will have around 20 "down" transfers.

Over 20% of the roster.

This staff continues to show resistance to working hard at recruiting at the HS level.

Comment

Originally posted by OSBF View Post

Over 20% of the roster.

This staff continues to show resistance to working hard at recruiting at the HS level.
                      in a board filled with dumb thoughts, this one might take the cake.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                        in a board filled with dumb thoughts, this one might take the cake.
                        He's an Illinois State fan talking about ISU's roster.
                        UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by OSBF View Post

Over 20% of the roster.

While I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen (due to last years results), this would be a huge break from the norm. Most UNI players are brought in directly from high school. If you don't believe me, check out last year's roster.

EDIT: If he is an ISUr fan, that does make more sense.

Comment

He is the lone, long suffering ill state fan out there

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk for one percenters

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                              He is the lone, long suffering ill state fan out there

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk for one percenters
                              Him and ISUMatt.

Comment

Working...
                              X