WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FCS Playoff and UNI vs FBS Records

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FCS Playoff and UNI vs FBS Records

The Richmond game was awful. I did cry.

The Shedd game also was awful -- I didn't cry, but my friend -- who happened to be the son of the athletic trainer at the time -- did cry. We went back into the training room to see Shedd when the game was over, and he still managed to give us a smile and some high fives in hopes to make us feel better.
    "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by northerniowadave View Post

My favorite win was at New Hampshire when UNH was number 1. I just watched on TV, but any game that UNI wins where the opposing team student section chants "purple fa@@ots" is awesome.
      I was there. Some of their fans think I am making that up.
      Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
        The Richmond game was awful. I did cry.

The Shedd game also was awful -- I didn't cry, but my friend -- who happened to be the son of the athletic trainer at the time -- did cry. We went back into the training room to see Shedd when the game was over, and he still managed to give us a smile and some high fives in hopes to make us feel better.
        Didn't shedd end up a cop in L.A. or some ****.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
          I recently learned that 7+5=12

Or that 10 = 12!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
            Very interesting stuff PTTB. Thanks for posting.

Fun Fact:

UNI is 7-12 vs Big 12 opponents (all on road), which puts our W/L at .368.

ISU is 151-275 vs Big 12 opponents, which puts their W/L at .354.

Ouch for ISU!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
              Very interesting stuff PTTB. Thanks for posting.

Fun Fact:

UNI is 7-12 vs Big 12 opponents (all on road), which puts our W/L at .368.

ISU is 151-275 vs Big 12 opponents, which puts their W/L at .354.
              ISU is at the distinct disadvantage of not being able to play Iowa State though.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                ISU is at the distinct disadvantage of not being able to play Iowa State though.

Having to play the rest of the Big 12, but not having to play itself, is a big part of the high degree of difficulty for ISU and Kansas each year. And the one of them that has the toughest schedule is the one who sucks least.

Comment

Originally posted by williebat View Post
                  Hayward, CA, near Oakland

sent from my NSA monitored Samsung Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk for one percenters

Comment

For the guy who asked earlier. Kenny Shedd is a police officer in CA. His Dad ( Bill) worked with me at the Davenport PD before he retired. Bill and all his kids are quality people.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                      Having to play the rest of the Big 12, but not having to play itself, is a big part of the high degree of difficulty for ISU and Kansas each year. And the one of them that has the toughest schedule is the one who sucks least.
                      The hardest part for ISU is they that actually have to play ranked teams, while Iowa for the most part misses them during the regular season. Here is a run down of the ranked teams ISU and Iowa have played during the regular season since 2011. The rank given is the schools AP rank the week they played Iowa or ISU. 2015 ISU played #2,3,8, and 15. Iowa # 19, 20. 2014 ISU #,3,7,18,20,21. Iowa #16. 2013 ISU # 12,18,19,20. Iowa # 4 and 24. 2012 ISU # 6,12,15,17 Iowa # 14 and 21. 2011 season ISU played # 2,8,9,17,17,20,25, while Iowa played #15,17,21. None of the time was either team ranked when they played each other. Playing horrible teams allows for more wins, just like missing the better teams does. Iowa has made a living off that fact the last 5 years. Here is the link to Iowa and ISU schedules http://www.espn.com/college-football...2294/year/2015
                      Last edited by Southeastiowacy.; 08-19-2016, 12:41 PM.

Comment

So ISU is actually a really good football team???

Comment

Originally posted by r54uni View Post
                          So ISU is actually a really good football team???
                          Never said they were, I am just saying that ISU has the misfortune to play a number of ranked team each year, Iowa not so much. Look at ISU last year, won three games, with the Iowa schedule they win 5 or 6. More wins means better recruits, which means more wins in the future. SOS does mean something, even though a lot of Iowa fans think otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by williebat View Post
                            Yep, he's a police officer in San Leandro, CA (part of Oakland). He's been studying movie making out there, too.
                            Last edited by 95UNIGRAD; 08-19-2016, 02:31 PM.
                            Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                            Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                            - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by Southeastiowacy. View Post
                              The hardest part for ISU is they that actually have to play ranked teams, while Iowa for the most part misses them during the regular season. Here is a run down of the ranked teams ISU and Iowa have played during the regular season since 2011. The rank given is the schools AP rank the week they played Iowa or ISU. 2015 ISU played #2,3,8, and 15. Iowa # 19, 20. 2014 ISU #,3,7,18,20,21. Iowa #16. 2013 ISU # 12,18,19,20. Iowa # 4 and 24. 2012 ISU # 6,12,15,17 Iowa # 14 and 21. 2011 season ISU played # 2,8,9,17,17,20,25, while Iowa played #15,17,21. None of the time was either team ranked when they played each other. Playing horrible teams allows for more wins, just like missing the better teams does. Iowa has made a living off that fact the last 5 years. Here is the link to Iowa and ISU schedules http://www.espn.com/college-football...2294/year/2015

Interesting resurrection as your 4th post! You responded to something I wrote nearly three years ago. What made you want to make this point now?

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                                Interesting resurrection as your 4th post! You responded to something I wrote nearly three years ago. What made you want to make this point now?
                                Did not notice your post was from three years ago, the data I gave is updated. My point still stands, Iowa is an average team that really is winning a ton of games playing no one. Switch places with ISU and their win total drops like a rock.

Comment

Working...
                                X