WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farley Can't Close Out When It Counts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Farley Can't Close Out When It Counts

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
    Without going through this whole thread....we played a damn good team, on the road, with almost everyone back from a NC. We led most of the game, and lost. Big damn whoop. This doesn't end our year, by a mile. Get over it, and move on.
    What color would you like your participation ribbon to be? Pink??

Comment

Originally posted by Twin Cities Panther View Post
      You really are a horrid Panther "fan."
      "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

The entire defense changed when Farley went down. Hard to recover from that. The offensive play calling at the end. I have no explanation for that.

sent from my NSA monitored Samsung Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk for one percenters

Comment

Does anyone know if coach Farley coached the final plays or if he took off with his son? I didn't notice, but the Courier article made me think about it....
          "Salmon filled in for head coach Mark Farley at the post-game press conference. Mark Farley traveled with his injured son, Jake, to a local hospital."

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
            You really are a horrid Panther "fan."
            Oh darn......teach me to embrace losing so I can be great like you!!

Comment

Never has.....never will.........
              You do realize we were playing the equivalent of Alabama on the road...correct?

Comment

Originally posted by FOTY View Post
                Does anyone know if coach Farley coached the final plays or if he took off with his son? I didn't notice, but the Courier article made me think about it....
                "Salmon filled in for head coach Mark Farley at the post-game press conference. Mark Farley traveled with his injured son, Jake, to a local hospital."
                Coach Farley coached 'til the end, then went to the hospital. Coach Nelson filled in for him on the radio. We need to have Kilfoy and Johnson healthy next week. Didn't look good for Jake to be back. And Minnesota, you are a real downer. Go away.

Comment

Figured that was the case. The article made me question it.
                  Agreed on Kilfoy and Johnson. We need them to be 100% if this team is to live to it's potential. I'm not extremely excited about their backups.

Comment

Last year there was a couple of posters that were very vindictive of Jake Farley playing in that he wasn't that good and he played only because his dad was the coach.
                    I have a terrible feeling that him not playing the rest of this year will be real bad.
                    He may be unreplaceable. I feel terrible for him, his dad, our defense and our team.

Comment

I think I figured it out. TCP has never played FB except on his Madden 2008.
                      Salmon and Farley once let him be the "honorary sideline coach" for one game his freshman year but he kept getting tangled up in the sideline kicking net and kept drinking all the Gatorade. They let him be the guy that retrieves the kicking tee but he returned it to the visiting team bench. The final straw was when he tried to run out of the garage for the 2nd half and they hadn't open the door yet. He broke his nose! Ever since, he just hates Farley and Salmon for ruining his life. He escaped to the twin cities when he heard they had hockey. But, that's a whole different story.

Comment

it is beyond time that an administrator take over the board & start rooting out the non-uni bad apples. Funny how 9-yr & TH are also dead silent on a day in which UNI shouted to the rest of the conference that we continue to be a force to be reckoned with.

Comment

I've seen both of them post here today Mudra. I think TCP is the only one who really keeps throwing rocks inside the glass "Ban Hammer" house

Comment

you guys are surprised that the Iowa fans could care less that we lost today? really? come on guys. You should be past this. They could care less about UNI.

Don't celebrate a moral victory, we lost, choked, coughed it up. Deal with it. End score great, with 10 min left to lose it was unacceptable. Been happening for over a decade.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. The players on the field deserved to win this game. Something must change from an offensive play calling stand point.

7 > 3. NDSU wins, plain and simple.
                            Last edited by jegbomb52; 10-08-2013, 07:27 PM.
                            Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
                              you guys are surprised that the Iowa fans could care less that we lost today? really? come on guys. You should be past this. They could care less about UNI.

Don't celebrate a moral victory, we lost, choked, coughed it up. Deal with it. End score great, with 10 min left to lose it was unacceptable. Been happening for over a decade.

Ignorant: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. The players on the field deserved to win this game. Something must change from an offensive play calling stand point.

7 > 3. NDSU wins, plain and simple.
                              Great post, especially the offensive play calling part. Terrible decision to play Carnes. It was clear from his first play that he was very tentative. Why they kept trying to run him I couldn't understand. As for TC Panther, cut him some slack. Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
                                it is beyond time that an administrator take over the board & start rooting out the non-uni bad apples. Funny how 9-yr & TH are also dead silent on a day in which UNI shouted to the rest of the conference that we continue to be a force to be reckoned with.
                                In other words, ban anyone with a dissenting opinion? Great idea. What makes you think you'd make the cut?

(Note: I believe there are many on here that truly would support a board allowing nothing but positive posts.)
                                Last edited by UNI MadCat; 10-05-2013, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X