WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My only complaint......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My only complaint......

The weird running around with the japanese cymbal during halftime. That was bad. The drums were good, but that person running around ruined my night.
    Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Liked the drums-cymbal person not so much

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Re: My only complaint......

Yep, The band and the team have both been very good this year until they both laid an egg on the same day. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Panther93 View Post
        Yep, The band and the team have both been very good this year until they both laid an egg on the same day. lol
        I enjoyed the band. Just not the cymbal player prancing and leaping around. It was awkward and terrible.
        Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

I went to high school with her...that was everything I could've expected. Sorry gang.

Comment

Everyone in our section thought we should add a running cymbal player to our tailgate next weekend. Random, off beat and a little funky.
            "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

Comment

Not having been there its hard to visualize. Was it as good as a mime trapped in an invisible box or interpretive Norwegian folk dancing?

Comment

Originally posted by Panther/Statesman View Post
                Not having been there its hard to visualize. Was it as good as a mime trapped in an invisible box or interpretive Norwegian folk dancing?
                Imagine someone in UNI overalls covering all of the are between the midfield logos and the home sideline between the 35s, prancing and leaping and awkwardly banging some japanese cymbals. I think at times she was so distracted by her own antics that she mi**** the cymbals and got off time. It was awkward, but I mostly started this thread to be funny.

Comment

I can empathize with her. Except for the football field and cymbals it could have been me doing the Houston club scene back in the 80s...

Thanks for the chuckle, after yesterday it is much welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by TravelingPanther View Post
                    Imagine someone in UNI overalls covering all of the are between the midfield logos and the home sideline between the 35s, prancing and leaping and awkwardly banging some japanese cymbals. I think at times she was so distracted by her own antics that she mi**** the cymbals and got off time. It was awkward, but I mostly started this thread to be funny.
                    She switched to off beats towards the end.

It was very....odd.
                    EVER LOYAL.

Comment

EVER LOYAL.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther-at-Arms View Post
                        She switched to off beats towards the end.

It was very....odd.
                        I thought she was on beat at times and off at others. It appeared she may have been distracted by her leaping......

Comment

Also, I couldn't hear the percussionists grunting live, but on the video that adds an extra dimension.

Comment

For a minute there I was waiting for security to rush in and tackle her.

Comment

The mash-up of French horns, Japanese drums, Chinese cymbals and striped overalls that would hurt Helen Keller's eyes nearly made my head explode.

Comment

Working...
                              X