WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A year later: Is the seat getting hot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A year later: Is the seat getting hot?

Originally posted by arealcat View Post
    Agreed. An interesting question is why hasn't he taken a higher profile job or why hasn't there been interest?
    If there was interest, at least some of it would've made the papers. My guess is there's no interest because of no NC, and some pretty inconsistent seasons lately. A mid or low level MAC job is one thing, but BCS conference interest is another. No offense to Farley, but some here seem to think he chooses not to answer his phone. Somehow, I doubt that.

Comment

i have been under the impression that he has looked to move up but does not interview well.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
        i have been under the impression that he has looked to move up but does not interview well.
        This is going to sound more harsh than meant, but where? His name would be part of press speculation. Maybe I'm not reading the right sites, but is there anything to base this on?

Comment

i would have to think. this comes from former players. could be BS, but they liked him and are usually pretty straight shooters.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
            This is going to sound more harsh than meant, but where? His name would be part of press speculation. Maybe I'm not reading the right sites, but is there anything to base this on?
            Why would you think "the press" would a) easily know this information, or b) report it even if they did? Its not like the NY Times resides on 23rd and College.

We are talking about >5 total reporters who really even cover UNI football to begin with, with really only 1 or 2 of which that live in the Cedar Valley.

Listen, the fact is that any job that Farley could jump to from UNI would probably be a low mid-major FBS job anyway, which in most cases is a pretty laterally move competitively and salary for the most part. He's got a great job/situation at UNI, so unless its a very good BCS level opportunity, why would he leave?

The better question may be just how easy is it for an FCS coach to get a decent FBS job anyway? FCS coaches just don't get hired all that often. Bohl has two straight titles and working on a third and I havent seen his name mentioned for ANY FBS jobs.
            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
              Why would you think "the press" would a) easily know this information, or b) report it even if they did? Its not like the NY Times resides on 23rd and College.

We are talking about >5 total reporters who really even cover UNI football to begin with, with really only 1 or 2 of which that live in the Cedar Valley.

Listen, the fact is that any job that Farley could jump to from UNI would probably be a low mid-major FBS job anyway, which in most cases is a pretty laterally move competitively and salary for the most part. He's got a great job/situation at UNI, so unless its a very good BCS level opportunity, why would he leave?

The better question may be just how easy is it for an FCS coach to get a decent FBS job anyway? FCS coaches just don't get hired all that often. Bohl has two straight titles and working on a third and I havent seen his name mentioned for ANY FBS jobs.
              Bohl has some some reputation issues based on his time in Lincoln. No worse than some of the stuff Petrino did. However, the difference is that Petrino showed that he could win at a top level (Miami Dolphins excepted), then all of the crazy stuff came out.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                Bohl has some some reputation issues based on his time in Lincoln. No worse than some of the stuff Petrino did. However, the difference is that Petrino showed that he could win at a top level (Miami Dolphins excepted), then all of the crazy stuff came out.
                Bohl had some sort of sexual relationship with a female associated with the school and I am not confusing him with Frank Solich which was a different situation. Solich got the girl pregnant that he was with.
                Victory for UNI!

Comment

Working...
                X