WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just for fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just for fun

Originally posted by PantherFan View Post
    Bingo. Play regular football until one team ends up with the lead. Both teams get at least one possession.

Not that I think UNI got screwed in these overtimes. I just never have liked the rule in college.
    IMO, the "NFL style" overtime puts too much power into the cointoss.
    I like the college style of OT. (though I've seen quite enough of it for this season, thanks)

Comment

Fact of the matter is, if we score touchdowns in these OTs instead of Fgs, we are not having these conversations
      "Give a cheer Ho, the purple and the gold!!"

Comment

Fact of the matter is, if we score touchdowns in the 4th quarter, we are not having these conversations.

Comment

touché! Gotta make plays when it counts
          "Give a cheer Ho, the purple and the gold!!"

Comment

True dat.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
              I like the college style of OT. (though I've seen quite enough of it for this season, thanks)
              Though the new wrinkle of not being able to win on a field goal on the first possession helps this a great deal.

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk
              If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Since you brought up NFL style, I have a question. I watched the SDSU coach's show last night. Yes, it's actually on out here in California. Anyway, they showed the "fumble" by the UNI QB. I believe in the NFL, that would have been considered a pass. Do you know why they would not consider the QB throwing the ball forward, even a few yards, a pass? It did not look like the ball was knocked out of his hands. Although, maybe they just did not show a very good view of the play.

Comment

Originally posted by Luther_Heggs View Post
                  Since you brought up NFL style, I have a question. I watched the SDSU coach's show last night. Yes, it's actually on out here in California. Anyway, they showed the "fumble" by the UNI QB. I believe in the NFL, that would have been considered a pass. Do you know why they would not consider the QB throwing the ball forward, even a few yards, a pass? It did not look like the ball was knocked out of his hands. Although, maybe they just did not show a very good view of the play.
                  call probably would have been overturned if there was video review.
                  but we don't have that at the FCS level except for later in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Luther_Heggs View Post
                    It was a bad call and that's why Farley was so mad on the field. Yes. We need replay in FCS. SO many of our calls this year would have been overturned.
                    "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
                      It was a bad call and that's why Farley was so mad on the field. Yes. We need replay in FCS. SO many of our calls this year would have been overturned.
                      That would require UNI to invest in video technology capable of review, plus staff to make the equipment run. Probably not the top of the priority list at the moment - though I would certainly enjoy a reliable HD feed on the stream. Cherry on top would include replays and possibly a couple other camera angles - maybe fixed from the end-zone so it does not require a person to operate.

Comment

Is there a rule that states replays of questionable calls or turnovers can't be shown on big screen at a college football game? It seems like only plays that they replay on the big screen in the Dome are the ones where nothing really happened.

Comment

Troy D said MVC won't allow replays of questionable calls...

Comment

its more of a homer video personnel thing. They never show the turnovers that they get that are questionable or they could cost them.
                            Always show the opposing teams turnovers, always. Never ever seen it different.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post
                              Troy D said MVC won't allow replays of questionable calls...
                              actually, he said that the rule states that such plays can't be shown more than once (and they have to be at real speed, not slowed down. which I don't think any of the replays are ever slowed down on the video board).

Now I don't know if when they have the live camera up on the board during the play itself, if that counts as that "one time", or if they are allowed to replay it once.

Comment

actually, he said that the rule states that such plays can't be shown more than once (and they have to be at real speed, not slowed down. which I don't think any of the replays are ever slowed down on the video board).

Now I don't know if when they have the live camera up on the board during the play itself, if that counts as that "one time", or if they are allowed to replay it once.
                                The rule as Troy said was one replay. Wouldn't think it would matter if shown live also.
                                "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Working...
                                X