WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western Illinois--Senior Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Western Illinois--Senior Day

Personally, I give coach some latitude on this one. We were doing whatever we wanted in the first half. Our def was dominating. Our offense, for the most part, was doing what it wanted. WIU is not a Delaware team. WIU are not the Hawks. They are also not near the caliber of NDSU. If we played some our worst def all season, I still don't think WIU scores 28 in a half on us. Some teams you have toss score 50 to have cushion (see McNeese). Not WIU - 28 was enough. The second half we stopped passing, except in long yardage situations. By turning to a purely ground game, they kept the game moving while not having to run up the score. It was a noticeable change in game plan. I was okay with it yesterday.

Now those other games, I would agree. When facing skilled teams we need to ensure we run the score up till it's enough. Yesterday was 28pts.

We all have ideas on how we could "fix" our "inept offense". Doesn't mean we have the ability, option or power to make those "fixes" ourselves. That is on Soloman, Farley, TD or even Ruud. Not me as a passionate fan.

Comment

I agree. I am venting as a fan. I can do nothing more than yell and cheer and let out frustrations on PN.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther-Sheik View Post
        This tells me a couple things "if" fully accurate and not just some kind of coach speak: First, it is "weird" to "shut down" your offense in the last game of the year anyway, but especially when you are fighting for a slim chance at a playoff berth. Make a statement, both to the committee and to your team on the off chance that you do get a 2nd chance and sneak into the playoffs. Second thing it REALLY tells me "if" true is that Farley has ZERO confidence in our offense to win a game...ZERO! And THAT is a HUGE problem that 100% needs to be fixed going into next season or I will
        While I will not claim verbatim on verbiage in Farley's quote, I will claim content.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat80 View Post
          While I will not claim verbatim on verbiage in Farley's quote, I will claim content.
          Oh, I don't doubt that he said it (sorry, it looks like I'm questioning that of you), I just don't know WHY he would say it. Really, no matter the reason (I pointed out a few possibilities in my mind) I don't like it at all. It smells funny to me under the 'best' of reasons and makes me very discouraged under the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther-Sheik View Post
            1. I'm at EVERY game
            2. I did not listen to the post game and I don't need a post game to know what I saw on the field. It was bad football. "IF" Farley said he put the team in neutral and he actually believes his own statement, then I have a HUGE problem with that philosophy taking us anywhere but where we are. For the record, I don't believe Farley believes his own statement and at best was covering up for bad offense, and at worst has NO confidence in our offense and knew the only way we lose is by our bad offense giving the game away. If you don't think that is a problem, then I don't know what to tell you.
            3. I posted one comment while you were posting your "BS" comment (in my opinion)
            4. You don't know how to fix an inept offensive system? That ain't rocket surgery. I'm never for anyone losing their job. In a perfect world everyone would perform at or above level and we would all enjoy hugs and juice boxes every day. That's not how it works, though, and sometimes you have to make tough decisions.
            5. I'll add one for you...Why is bad offense acceptable for any "excuse", reason or circumstance to you? Farley could have said that they started randomly drawing the plays in the dust and it would not make me feel any better about bad offense. In fact, it would make me feel much worse.
            Is a Doctor of Mechanics degree required for "rocket surgery"?

Comment

I've often wondered what goes on in the head of Farley, now I know.

Comment

Working...
              X