WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interesting question

The fact that the MVFC nearly went 3-0 against seeded teams not named NDSU (and South Dakota took Montana to the wire a few weeks ago so I guess almost 4-0; nearly beat N. Arizona too) tells me all I need to know about the MVFC compared to other conferences.

Comment

Originally posted by MnPantherFan View Post
      Is 14 yrs. long enough? And there has NEVER been a commmitte before deciding a 24 team field. One other thing, the MVFC has NEVER had a two time defending National Champ and been overwelmingly rated the #1 rated conference in FCS. Here's a bone for you though, I agree we wouldn't done much in the playoffs after we smoked our first round opponent.
      Mudra's right, another win wouldn't have guaranteed UNI a playoff spot. I thought a month ago that there's no way an 8-4 UNI doesn't get in, but I forgot there is always a way with the selection committee. At 8-4 UNI would have still been behind YSU in the conference standings with the same overall record. Where is YSU playing their first round game?
      GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
        Mudra's right, another win wouldn't have guaranteed UNI a playoff spot. I thought a month ago that there's no way an 8-4 UNI doesn't get in, but I forgot there is always a way with the selection committee. At 8-4 UNI would have still been behind YSU in the conference standings with the same overall record. Where is YSU playing their first round game?
        They couldn't use the "3game losing streak" excuse though. Sam Houston State was tied with Central Arkansas but lost the tie breaker, technically, making them 3rd in the Southland.

Comment

UNI always has a tough schedule, it comes down to please win the games and don't give the committee a choice to leave you out.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
            They couldn't use the "3game losing streak" excuse though. Sam Houston State was tied with Central Arkansas but lost the tie breaker, technically, making them 3rd in the Southland.
            This.....plus YSU couldn't touch our SOS.

Comment

IMO the entire season hinged on one play - the illegal hands to the face call on Williams in the NDSU game. I never saw a replay so who knows about the call but that allowed NDSU to extend the game-winning drive (in which Farley was hurt within a play or two of the penalty). That play is the fulcrum of our season - not kicking.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                This has to be said, I want NDSU and SDSU to steam roll anyone and everyone they meet. Rivalries and annoying fans be damned we got screwed as a conference and I want to win as a conference.
                Yep. Run the table, one of you sets of Dakotans.
                "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

NDSU's biggest roadblock, imo, is SE Louisiana. They are on quite a roll right now. If not them, EWU.

Really hoping karma returns good things to the Panthers next year, b/c she was inventing ways to keep UNI in a downward spiral during the five game mid-season skid.
                  http://www.uni.edu/unialumni/justfun...s/fightsong.rm

Comment

Working...
                  X