WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Johnson Draft Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle
    replied
    Re: David Johnson Draft Status

Originally posted by UNIdadtobe View Post
    DJ is amazingly strong. So what? A little more or less weightlifting ability isn't what will make the difference for his NBA stock. Making tacklers miss, carrying guys for the extra yard, and blocking are what he needs to showcase.
    Quoted for truth.

Perfect example is this guy:

Leave a comment:

• PantherFan
    replied

Originally posted by UNIdadtobe View Post
    DJ is amazingly strong. So what? A little more or less weightlifting ability isn't what will make the difference for his NBA stock. Making tacklers miss, carrying guys for the extra yard, and blocking are what he needs to showcase.
    He can play basketball too?

Leave a comment:

• UNIdad
    replied

DJ is amazingly strong. So what? A little more or less weightlifting ability isn't what will make the difference for his NFL stock. Making tacklers miss, carrying guys for the extra yard, and blocking are what he needs to showcase.
    Last edited by UNIdad; 10-24-2014, 05:22 AM. Reason: As much as I think of DJ, I don't think he will play in the NBA.

Leave a comment:

• Panther-Sheik
    replied

DJ is quickly surpassing Kurt Warner for best potential UNI career wasted. Sickening.

Leave a comment:

• UNIstudent
    replied

Just having a discussion about it. Isn't that what this for? Or do we just discuss what's important to you 1988?

Leave a comment:

replied

Originally posted by UNIstudent View Post
    I don't have any disdain nor have I expressed any. DJ is a phenomenal athlete and has superhuman strength for sure. I am also a huge fan. I just had doubts about the 460 clean, never once did I say anything negative about him.
    Why is it so important to you??

Leave a comment:

• UNIstudent
    replied

I don't have any disdain nor have I expressed any. DJ is a phenomenal athlete and has superhuman strength for sure. I am also a huge fan. I just had doubts about the 460 clean, never once did I say anything negative about him.

Leave a comment:

• jegbomb52
    replied

The hard evidence I keep seeing is of bench press and a 330# power clean and jerk but never the 460# that was being disputed.
    the 460 clean was actually never talked about on here by David, if you go back someone said the record is 460 by a kid named Fiacco, an Iowa State Transfer O Lineman that never panned out. He did go on to a career in competitive weight lifting after graduation however.

There is also a video I have seen somewhere of David squatting 585 seven times. I'm not sure why you have such a disdain toward David, he is an amazing young man and the most world class athlete you will ever stand face to face with in your life. Is he just not that good of an athlete to you because he doesn't wear a Hawkeye jersey or what? I don't even know what Olympic lifts are other than dead lift, snatch, or power clean. What should an Olympian be cleaning if they weigh 225 oh wise one? David falls in the 206-231 weight class, the Olympic record is a little over 500 lbs, the best of ALL Time, I know David can do over 400 and has never trained to be a weighlifter...

Leave a comment:

• Kyle
    replied

There is a video of a 365lb power clean x 3 on his FB page.

Most lifters power clean about 80% of their full clean.

There is also a video of a 565lb squat x 3 on his FB page.

Leave a comment:

• UNIstudent
    replied

The hard evidence I keep seeing is of bench press and a 330# power clean and jerk but never the 460# that was being disputed.

Leave a comment:

• Kyle
    replied

Here is a video of DJ bench pressing 315 ten times.

This was done after a hard workout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...ck&app=desktop

Leave a comment:

• Kyle
    replied

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
    Agreed. If you're still a student, welcome to the world of Kool Aid drinkers. Never lose your capacity for critical thinking, especially in the corporate world if that's where you go.
    Claiming someone is a world class weightlifter when there is hard evidence of such plastered all over the internet is the opposite of Kool Aid drinking.

In fact, denying such facts makes you ignorant at best and a conspiracy theorist at worst.

Leave a comment:

• BCPanther
    replied

Watched some of the videos. Guy is freaky strong, I'm starting to become less skeptical. If football doesn't work out for him he could probably make the olympics if his snatch is as impressive as his clean and jerk.
    TWSS

So many totally immature thoughts...

Leave a comment:

• UNIstudent
    replied

Watched some of the videos. Guy is freaky strong, I'm starting to become less skeptical. If football doesn't work out for him he could probably make the olympics if his snatch is as impressive as his clean and jerk.

Leave a comment:

replied

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
    he is a world class weightlifter.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

not sure if you can pull it up on this link but i'll try. like his facebook page. Video as well of him maxing out 225 26x, that head turning combine type numbers...
    That is actually me in my David Johnson Halloween costume.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X