WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future Schedules

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by clenz View Post
    UNI back on the Iowa schedule

Sept 2 2020
    Winner gets to fire their coach. Loser gets to fire their coach. Everyone wins.

Comment

• Iowa must have approached us. Last I'd heard, we weren't actively looking for an FBS game that year.

Oh well, this is a good one. I'm sure the payout will be north of half a million and it's obviously cheap to get there.
      #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

Winner gets to fire their coach. Loser gets to fire their coach. Everyone wins.
        Farley won't be around for that one.
        Ferentz's buy out by 2020...or ever...is actually as damaging to Iowa as Farley's is to UNI

In 2016 and 2017, Ferentz

EDIT

Dammit. This sit sucks with copy and pasting. I give up trying to bring actual value to this site. Just know Ferentz's buy out is very expensive. Very expensive.
        Last edited by Panthers to the Bone; 10-13-2017, 05:00 AM.

Comment

• We play at Cal-Poly in 2018 and at Montana in 2018 I have heard from a source.
          GO NORTHERN IOWA PANTHERS![SIZE="6"][/SIZE]

Comment

• So next year they play at IOwa, at Cal-Poly, and at Montana?

If I was an incoming freshman I would beg to be red shirted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonsoup View Post
              We play at Cal-Poly in 2018 and at Montana in 2018 I have heard from a source.
              Wrong.

@Montana
              vs Southern Utah
              @Iowa

The Cal Poly series is over.
              #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonsoup View Post
                We play at Cal-Poly in 2018 and at Montana in 2018 I have heard from a source.
                You might want new sources? BC put the correct one out. It's still not the schedule we should be playing, but it is what it is for next year.

Series like Montana, Poly, SUU, etc... hopefully go away, at least in the same year.

I believe I've heard that SIU is dropping off rotation. Which would give us a schedule of

HOME:
                Southern Utah
                Illinois State (coming back on in SIU's place)
                SDSU
                NDSU
                MSU

ROAD:
                Iowa
                Montana
                WIU
                YSU
                USD
                ISUB

That's if the MVFC keeps the H/A splits the same, and I have no reason to believe they won't. NDSU has already released next year and they are confirmed at UNI.

Comment

• Any word on our OOC games for 19 and 20? I mean i'm sure we have our ISU and now Iowa games scheduled in but was wondering if there was any word or gossip about where the AD's office was going with our other OOC games.

Comment

• Only games on the books right now are Iowa State in odd years and Iowa in even years through 2023.
                    #MACtion

Comment

• 2019 Non-Con
                      @ Iowa State
                      Southern Utah
                      Idaho State
                      @ Weber State

2020 Non-Con
                      @ Iowa
                      @ Idaho State
                      Weber State

We're proving that we're content being where we're at and have no desire to jump up and compete with North Dakota State. We've become their ***** and, apparently, we like it.
                      #MACtion

Comment

• How does this schedule show that?

Comment

• 1. Playing at Idaho State

The Weber games don’t bother me. Idaho State does. How does flying the team to BFE, ID come out to be most cost effective than bringing a PFL in?

It’s about ambition. Something about Idaho State - who plays non D1s more than they don’t, doesn’t scream ambition to get home games to drive revenue.

The plus is both of the ISUo games should be wins. SUU was good but we will see how they go after life with that QB. Same with Weber. Budgets at both of those plus other things put them on rotations of quality and not. Based on timing neither is likely a super tough opponent

TL;DR: playing at Idaho state rather than buying an NEC seems economically backwards. However, having the schedules done early is a great thing - especially with very winnable games.
                          Last edited by clenz; 04-18-2018, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• Y'all complain about starting the year off with a brutal schedule, y'all complain about starting the year off with an easy schedule. What do you people want?

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                              Y'all complain about starting the year off with a brutal schedule, y'all complain about starting the year off with an easy schedule. What do you people want?
                              That literally didn’t happen. AAMoF I did the exact opposite

Comment

• There would be a lot less complaining if we would actually go out and win some of these tough non conference games we insist on scheduling.

Absorbing L's to Montana, SUU, EWU, Iowa, ISU, etc and starting the season 1-4 or 2-5 is very demoralizing. Especially when we are more than capable of scheduling a Drake level school, getting the extra home game, and giving ourselves a chance to get thru a brutal conference schedule.
                                UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                                iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Working...
                                X