WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future Schedules

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FOTY View Post
    I hate to say it, does anyone have a concern we might look to get an extra paycheck in 2024 and schedule another MAC/FBS team? Not saying it’d be wise.

Just imagine, two early open dates leave space for both a paycheck and another flight West. Yippee!
    Absolutely. Its probably more likely than not.

Abominable scheduling has been a key component to our demise the last decade and I don’t see any reason that it will not continue as the same people are in charge.
    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Originally posted by FOTY View Post
      I hate to say it, does anyone have a concern we might look to get an extra paycheck in 2024 and schedule another MAC/FBS team? Not saying it’d be wise.

Just imagine, two early open dates leave space for both a paycheck and another flight West. Yippee!
      Sadly yes, because the payout from Hawaii isn't going to cover a "buy game". So we will front load one of those dates with a H/H with someone like NAU, SUU, etc. for a 5th home game and then go "due to budget we can't have a 6th home game. We need to have our team on the road 7 times during the season including 3 of the 4 OOC games" and take a paycheck from a regional FBS team - or because everyone in the FBS has their 2024 schedules filled we will agree to start a H/H on the road against the other of NAU/SUU that we didn't get home game to start the front end of the other HH with.

Comment

• It's real dumb that football has gone this way but we should be scheduling for '27 and '28 not '24.
        #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
          Saving my money now. Hawaii here I come.

Comment

• Thinking about going to Hawaii game. Went 10 years ago for our 30th wedding anniversary. This will be our 40th. Great timing.

Comment

• Aloha Stadium has been condemned, and they are currently playing on their practice field with temporary bleachers. They have a new stadium project that is supposed to be ready for Fall 2023. With the way construction is going everywhere, let's hope it's in place by Fall 2024.

Comment

Aloha Stadium has been condemned, and they are currently playing on their practice field with temporary bleachers. They have a new stadium project that is supposed to be ready for Fall 2023. With the way construction is going everywhere, let's hope it's in place by Fall 2024.
                I hope so too but either way a Hawaii trip would be great.

Comment

• I don't think that construction is even supposed to begin until 2023

Comment

• Start in 2023 if they are lucky.

This was the initial timeline of things following the condemning of the stadium last fall

What will the new Aloha Stadium look like? (realhawaii.co)

The Aloha Stadium Timeline

Despite delays to the Aloha Stadium district project have caused people in Hawaii to start comparing Aloha Stadium to the Honolulu Rail Transit project, officials say they are carefully planning pre-construction to ensure the budget is maintained.

Chris Kinimaka, from the State of Hawaii Department of Accounting and General Services (DAGS), said, “One of the hallmarks of our project is that we are taking the time up front to get the planning, scoping, and budgeting as complete and accurate as possible.”

Here is the Aloha Stadium timeline as of summer 2021:
                    1. May 2021 - Market outreach occurs.
                    2. July 2021- Request for Qualifications (RFQ) and Request for Proposals (RFP) accepted to decide priority teams for building the stadium.
                    3. Summer 2021- Final Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) scheduled to be completed.
                    4. Quarter 1/2 2022- Contract awarded to developer(s).
                    5. Late 2022 / Early 2023- Construction commences.
                    6. Unknown- The initial development of the New Aloha Stadium opens. There are over 900,000 square feet expected to be constructed in this first phase of development, which will include the stadium itself as well as some mixed-use development and infrastructure to connect to Honolulu Rail.
                    7. 2033-2038- The full build-out of the New Aloha Stadium Entertainment District is expected to have several phases, which will be completed over the next 10 to 15 years after the new Aloha Stadium Opens.
                    They are already behind on that. They just reached out for RFPs within the last month. They are 6 months behind at the part that is the hardest to be behind in. If they are 6 months behind now they are going to be a full year behind by this fall. That 2038 having the entire area built up will quickly become 2048

How do I know they are already behind?

Plans for new Aloha Stadium move forward as state reaches out to developers (hawaiinewsnow.com)

Published: Nov. 22, 2021 at 3:21 PM CST

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The state has notified three preferred developers for a request for proposals for the new Aloha Stadium.

Those companies will present their plans, and next fall, the state will choose which proposal to move forward with.

“That starts that process where we’re going to start seeing what types of ideas and designs they bring back to us,” said Ryan Andrews, the Aloha Stadium manager.

”This is not just about a football stadium, this is about a place that people can gather. It is the absolute crossroads of east and west Oahu,” said John Fink, who is on the executive committee with the Aloha Stadium Authority.

The state is proposing a huge real estate project for what they’re calling the New Aloha Stadium Entertainment District. This includes demolishing the old site and build an entirely new stadium.

About $170 million has been secured by the legislature but more than twice that amount will likely be needed.

“My responsibility next year is to get $180 million, the stadium authority knows that all they’re ever going to get to play with is $350 million,” said State Sen. Glenn Wakai.

“So the stadium is in excess of that. That’s where the public-private partnership comes in to pay that difference.”
                    They are even going to think about awarding the project until the time the initial time frame had them ready to start construction. Construction of the stadium is planned at 3 years. Even if they award and get shovels in the ground fall 2022 (won't happen) the stadium won't even be open until the 2026 season, if they are lucky, and more likely the 2027 season
                    Last edited by clenz; 12-30-2021, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Perfect lesson in failure to plan ahead and keep your facilities from falling too far behind.

Comment

Perfect lesson in failure to plan ahead and keep your facilities from falling too far behind.
                        The University needed to look to the future of course. However, U of H does not own Aloha Stadium. It's owned by the state and managed by the Aloha Stadium Authority. My understanding of the situation is that U of H had little notice that the stadium was closing and therefore had few options.
                        "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

• Definately making this trip. Missed it in 2014. I know it's early, but if a travel agency starts something I would be interested

Comment

Working...
                          X