WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SDSU Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spathicle View Post
    Side note, can anyone enlighten me as to how the money works for NCAA Football tourney? Do they pay out similar to the basketball tourney where UNI/MVC get a check for each round they participate in?
    Outside from travel expense, no one gets paid except the NCAA. And the travel expenses typically exceed the allocation.
    The home school pays for the opportunity to host.

Comment

Originally posted by Spathicle View Post
      Side note, can anyone enlighten me as to how the money works for NCAA Football tourney? Do they pay out similar to the basketball tourney where UNI/MVC get a check for each round they participate in?
      No. There is no money. We're losing money by playing in the playoffs. The NCAA covered our busses, a set number of rooms and 3 meals. Everything else is on us.

The further we go, the more money we lose.
      #MACtion

Comment

Not to get ahead of the carriage but would we have the best shot at hosting UNH in the quarters if both of us pull the upset. Doesnt it go to another bid if 2 unseeded play?

Comment

Originally posted by Purrrrrfect View Post
          Not to get ahead of the carriage but would we have the best shot at hosting UNH in the quarters if both of us pull the upset. Doesnt it go to another bid if 2 unseeded play?
          I'm not sure we put in a bid for a third-round game because of the UNI Open wrestling tournament that day in the Dome. It brings in hundreds of participants and I'd be surprised if we would try to move part of it to the West Gym and part to McLeod Center. Two football upsets have to happen first before it would be an issue however.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther AC View Post

I'm not sure we put in a bid for a third-round game because of the UNI Open wrestling tournament that day in the Dome. It brings in hundreds of participants and I'd be surprised if we would try to move part of it to the West Gym and part to McLeod Center. Two football upsets have to happen first before it would be an issue however.
            If this is true I would be greatly disappointed in our AD.
            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

I'd be shocked if the game wasn't here.

A meaningless preseason tournament for a non-revenue sport does not take priority over a Quarterfinal for a national title in a marquee sport.
              #MACtion

Comment

Late notice, but ... is there a Twin Cities group watch location? I did not see anything on the alumni site. Thanks.
                "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

They have worked around this in the past. Can't remember what the resolution was, but the schedule has been tweaked before. Maybe moved the UNI open to the West Gym and Nielsen Fieldhouse?
                  The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Secondary giving up big plays. Not a good sign for us

Comment

Drysdale hurt????

Comment

As Capn Cat has said in the past, "Every game is different". Jacks are the better team today.

Comment

So guess under Farley this is the best we can hope for. Beat a team that has no business being in the playoffs and then get destroyed by a real team.

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post
                            So guess under Farley this is the best we can hope for. Beat a team that has no business being in the playoffs and then get destroyed by a real team.
                            it's disheartening to see how far off the grid this program has fallen under Farleys leadership. Perennial conference title contender with playoff appearances pretty much guaranteed and always being in the top 10 (only to typically blow it in the playoffs circa 2008)...to barely squeaking into playoffs with now an expanded field and even missing it entirely last year. But...it's the same thing as Iowa...a large portion of UNI fans will refuse to let go of the torch and be scared for what someone else can do.

It's time for change. I would think Harris gives Farley one more year to make it to semi finals or bust or he'll be forcibly removed.

just my two cents.
                            (217): Just watched a UNI fan at the bar lick the tears off of a KU fans face.. See what march madness does to people

Comment

Is there a list of FCS coaching salaries? I think we could pluck a better coach from a better FCS team because of salary alone.

I hope for retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther AC View Post

I'm pretty sure the West Gym hosted it some years back. I'm not sure when, but I think I remember seeing pictures of it.

Back to the game, what are we doing running the option with Dunne? I mean geez.

Comment

Working...
                                X