WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

next football season (2018)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
    We will be playing at Indiana State on a Thursday night 9/27

Comment

TV is the only logical explanation. However, its after the bye week and gives us two extra days before NDSU. Its not all bad.
      #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
        TV is the only logical explanation. However, its after the bye week and gives us two extra days before NDSU. Its not all bad.
        Who is picking up a ISUb/UNI game on a Thursday night?

Playing Nicholls on a Thursday in 08 made sense. ESPNU picked it up. UNI was really good at that point.

Current UNI vs current ISUb in Terra Haute? No way that's an ESPN pick up

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post

Who is picking up a ISUb/UNI game on a Thursday night?

Playing Nicholls on a Thursday in 08 made sense. ESPNU picked it up. UNI was really good at that point.

Current UNI vs current ISUb in Terra Haute? No way that's an ESPN pick up
          Indiana Public Access
          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Indiana Public Access
            Pawnee's #1 viewed station.

That's a fun pun to make. Indiana State is referenced in that show as well as the fact that based on information given It's logical to assume that Pawnee is is only about an hour, if even that, from Terra Haute.

I need new hobbies.

Comment

Indiana State always has crap attendance anyway. Might as well play on Thurs. night I guess.
              And extra days before playing NDSU is always nice

granted, it seems like of late, early in the conference season is when UNI stinks. Before they get into "have to win out to keep playoff chances alive" mode, so I'm sure it will be an ugly loss

Comment

Thursday night in Terre Haute. The joint ought to be rockin'.

Comment

Hey let's keep it real....its not like Terre Haute would be rocking if we played this game at 1:00 on Saturday.

I'm sure it'll be available on ESPN3 or another network.

What's the downside? If we get NDSU at home 9 days later, I'd love the extra days to get ready.
                  Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

UNI's OL coach Mike Simmonds is the new OL coach at UTEP.

He'll be working for Dana Dimel, the new HC at UTEP. Took the job in December...formerly the OC at Kansas State.
                    Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

I saw on Twitter that UNI is picking up Transfer Jack Wehger from Purdue. Sioux City, via IMG Academy.

Tough loss on Simmonds...hopefully someone can pick up where he left off with the OLine but it's the nature of the beast in FCS...coaches move to FBS jobs.

Comment

We need someone with that same BADA** take not SH** attitude, Simmons had it, Nelson had it, Barkema did not have it.

Comment

So at this point - one coach (simmonds) has left for an FBS job. Sounds like a few players to career ending injuries and maybe a player or two heading out. I'm assuming we'll get a list of signees after Friday. Anyone heard anything else?

Comment

Signing day is next Wednesday.

Comment

i think it's actually Friday the 9th per google...i had the wrong week but the right day...you had the right week and the wrong day.

Comment

Working...
                              X