WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Football Schedule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clenz is right. The look at poor, poor, pitiful us stuff just doesn't hold water.

Sure, when you compare us to Iowa and Iowa State we do more with less but at our level We're just fine financially. It's time to start acting like it, especially on the football side. That starts with 6 home games every year and a national recruiting budget.
    #MACtion

Comment

My god...what is James Madison spending $47 million on?

Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Tennessee State
        Prairie View AM
        Tennessee State

all spoken for now.
        "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
        -A twist on Matt Campbell getting Iowa State bowl eligible.

Comment

Sam Houston State. Out
          "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."

Comment

Pretty sure we didn't want to bring Sam Houston State to CF anyways.

Comment

I hope Harris or whomever is in charge of scheduling is following this thread. Thanks Clenz for all your work on this. What are the odds that we are going to only have four home games this season?

Comment

I’d bet the odds are next to zero right now. There aren’t any FBS paydays left and even if there was none of them would be worth the hit if only having 4 home games.

There are a few out there that are pretty strong candidates. Sometime this week I’ll redo my list and update a few things.

I also haven’t don’t any looking at the 15th should that date be looked at at this point. I have a new job that doesn’t give me the same daytime availability as my last one.

I wont be shocked to see a D2 at this point but I’d still put money on an FCS

Comment

Word out of Cedar Falls, Coach Burris will be leaving for LA Tech. His twitter following confirms this if you look at his most recent accounts he followed...

Comment

Not a surprise on Coach Burris. He has a long NFL resume and spent time at Notre Dame. I don't think anyone expected he'd be a long term guy in CF.

But he's been a very positive promoter of UNI football and the school overall.

Appreciate his efforts and overall support for the purple. Wish him well.

Comment

Abilene Christian?
                      Saturday, Sept. 1 - at Baylor, Waco
                      Saturday, Sept. 8 - OPEN
                      Saturday, Sept. 15 - * at Houston Baptist, Houston

Comment

They will not play up here. SLC plays 9 conference games. They get 2 OOC games. They will buy a D2 or NAIA

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post
                          They will not play up here. SLC plays 9 conference games. They get 2 OOC games. They will buy a D2 or NAIA
                          How about Upper Iowa? Grandview? Morningside? All three are competitive at the NCAA II and NAIA respectively. All three would bring a good number of fans which would offset the lack of luster of scheduling down.

Comment

Playing anything other than a D2 is just stupid.

NAIA schools don’t count at all. You’re literally better off playing 10 games because outside of racking up player stats and extended playing time for the back ups there’s no benefit. The ncaa doesn’t recognize wins over D3 and NAIA towards playoffs. The risk of injury is far too high to warrant the game. Studies show injuries happens at a much higher rate playing down a level than up. Morningside and Grandview would bring 8 fans.

UIU would bring about 20 fans. They are a D2 so it’s a tiny bit more worth it. About 3 years ago the NCAA started “counting” D2 wins as like 1/2 or 3/4 a win. Still does almost nothing but it “counts”

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post
                              Playing anything other than a D2 is just stupid.

NAIA schools don’t count at all. You’re literally better off playing 10 games because outside of racking up player stats and extended playing time for the back ups there’s no benefit. The ncaa doesn’t recognize wins over D3 and NAIA towards playoffs. The risk of injury is far too high to warrant the game. Studies show injuries happens at a much higher rate playing down a level than up. Morningside and Grandview would bring 8 fans.

UIU would bring about 20 fans. They are a D2 so it’s a tiny bit more worth it. About 3 years ago the NCAA started “counting” D2 wins as like 1/2 or 3/4 a win. Still does almost nothing but it “counts”
                              So I'm stupid?

Comment

That....that’s what you took from that?

Woof

Comment

Working...
                                X