WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Football Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
    I just got used to watching games on ESPN3 and now most of our games are on ESPN+. Can someone explain what that is? Pay per view internet?
    If I understand it right, ESPN3 is only available through certain service providers (that choose to pay ESPN for it), where as ESPN+ is available to anyone that wants to buy a subscription, regardless of which service provider they have

Comment

So $10 for 6 games, not bad, but is the quality better than E3? That was good some games and terrible others.
      It’s completely the same. Just ESPN licking events behind a “paywall subscriber service”. The difference in quality comes from each school produces each event and ESPN just broadcasts that out on their network. Not all schools have equal equipment or capabilities.

Comment

• Wait, so what the hell are the options for watching the Montana game?
        UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
          Wait, so what the hell are the options for watching the Montana game?
          On Pluto tv which is avalaible on a roku player its a free app they have the big sky conference.
          Feel the Power of Purple !!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 01PantherFan View Post

On Pluto tv which is avalaible on a roku player its a free app they have the big sky conference.
            This game will not be available on Pluto because it was picked up by a regional sports network.

Still working on how we can get it. I'll continue to research and let you know.
            #MACtion

Comment

• Pirated streams with a real good ad block.

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post
                Pirated streams with a real good ad block.
                The problem is that the pirates need to find a stream, too. If none of the pirates have "Pluto TV," we might be SOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

The problem is that the pirates need to find a stream, too. If none of the pirates have "Pluto TV," we might be SOL.
                  It’ll be there. Cyclone.TV shows up every week. An entire regional network will.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

Doesn't matter because it's not on PlutoTV. Pirates should have Altitude2 however...
                    #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by SpudWebb View Post

FYI . . . PSN will no longer be simulcasting the Montana game - unavailable on CFU.
                      Nevermind.
                      Last edited by DomeIsHome; 08-17-2018, 06:24 AM.

Comment

I just got used to watching games on ESPN3 and now most of our games are on ESPN+. Can someone explain what that is? Pay per view internet?
                        When ESPN+ got rolled out, the app on my Roku changed also. Harder to navigate, and buggy. I keep getting messages like "you have too many streams open", then it kicks me off. I can get right back on, but it's annoying. Also, it was offering a "free trial period" for ESPN+, but the first thing it was asking for was my credit card info. One interesting thing, after the switch I could occasionally get some SEC & Pac12 baseball and softball games via ESPN3 which I couldn't get before, so that was nice.

I think ESPN+ can potentially be a pretty decent value, I'm just going to wait until they get it fixed. Until then, I'll be listening to Rima.

Comment

• 99% of free trials require a credit card. That way when you forget to cancel they charge for the month.

The app did change but it got singificantly better on my roku. It was slow and buggy before with horrific quaility. Picture quality is better and the app is less buggy for me now.

Comment

• I'm sure you're right; I usually don't do free trials for just that reason. Let us know how the ESPN app is working for you once the fall sports season gets underway. There are enough different model Rokus out there by now that I'm guessing it's a bit of a battle to keep everything working on each model. A buddy of mine with a newer Roku has lots of trouble with his YouTube app, where I have almost none.

Comment

• Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
                              I'm sure you're right; I usually don't do free trials for just that reason. Let us know how the ESPN app is working for you once the fall sports season gets underway. There are enough different model Rokus out there by now that I'm guessing it's a bit of a battle to keep everything working on each model. A buddy of mine with a newer Roku has lots of trouble with his YouTube app, where I have almost none.
                              That’s true. We have 2 in our house - different
                              models - and they react very differently to apps. It’s a shame that some apps are just pure trash and/or have horrible UI. It’s almost like they want people to hate using it to drive people back to the standard TV.

Comment

• Some clarity on Montana TV--

Will be broadcast on the Over the Air Digital Subchannels that typically carry PSN (9.2, 13.3). Will not be shown on CFU or NBC Sports Chicago.
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X