WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

***Game Thread Montana, Week 1***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would like to see UNI use Fossey, McShane and T Carey more in the passing game at the WR spot...with J James as the #1. Until J Rima shows he wants to play some physical football and make some catches...I'd move on to some other guys who will go get the ball.

JR always looks like he's running his route as it's drawn up and waiting for the ball to hit him between the 8 and 7.

We targeted him 5 or 6 times tonight and I don't think any were completions.
    Last edited by Blue42; 09-01-2018, 11:05 PM.
    Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by strike00 View Post
      Remember when UNI tried to run out the clock deep in their own territory with more than a minute left and Montana with 3 time outs? Gave up a FG...
      The way Montana was driving the last 3 minutes, I think they could have easily got the FG at the end. Our secondary needs a lot of help. Once again, Montana showed a team can dink and dunk short passing routes down the field. The D line held its own against the run game, but pass defense is still a work in progress.

Comment

• Watched a little video again of the 2nd half rally.

Two thoughts...

For the love of God, get Briley Moore the ball.

Howell made some great throws. But that last TD to Fossey might be the best throw from a UNI QB since I don't know when. Over a LB and right in the coffee can...pretty as can be.

Comment

• Unprepared, unorganized, undisciplined, no execution.

And, they managed to create a QB controversey out of thin air. Awesome.

What a absolute **** show job by our coaches. It really cant be understated how poor our football team looked last night.
          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
            so they should have avoided that by having Howell as the starter from the get-go?

Comment

• In all my years Ihave never seen Farley without a headset.....interesting

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                Unprepared, unorganized, undisciplined, no execution.

What a absolute **** show job by our coaches. It really cant be understated how poor our football team looked last night.
                Any QB controversy that emerged after last night's game is due to the performance by Dunne. Did Dunne cave under the pressure of game? Was it a poorly planned game for him? Or a little of both? I believe it is a combo of both. What does last night mean for upcoming QB play? It means if Dunne doesn't get the job done they are going to Howell without hesitation.

I personally feel our coaches and team lost this game before they ever stepped on the field. I feel like they lost the mental game first before the physical. They were intimidated by the atmosphere and history with Montana. It made them underperform in various facets of the game. For example, all the receivers and their drops. I would imagine some of those if not many of those were just as much mental as physical. Our offense game plan was pathetic. Didn't really see our defense as an issue except for our secondary. Special teams still needs to cover better.
                Last edited by panthergirl123; 09-02-2018, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Special teams and offensive game plan looked terrible. I said at the end of the very first offensive series that we looked like we went into the game with absolutely no offensive game plan and no identity. I don't get it. My fifth grader's tackle team knows more about themselves than UNI appears to right now.
                  "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• The USD score vs K-State looks worrisome for us. Anyone know how the Jackrabbits looked at Jack Trice for the limited time it was played?

Comment

• They punted then gave up a quick ISU TD. Not very promising for them.
                      Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                      Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                      - George Halas

Comment

• Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
                        Special teams and offensive game plan looked terrible. I said at the end of the very first offensive series that we looked like we went into the game with absolutely no offensive game plan and no identity. I don't get it. My fifth grader's tackle team knows more about themselves than UNI appears to right now.
                        I got a little worried after the play calling in the first series.

The 3rd down call with that long sideline out to the right looked like it had a 2% chance of success. Not sure Brady could've made that throw.

I get you didn't want to give up a sack or throw a pick early, but give your QB a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alum 99' View Post
                          In all my years Ihave never seen Farley without a headset.....interesting
                          It looked like he was having problems (like it was broken or not getting the signal) in the first half. He was holding up the receiver part of it. Not sure what the deal was but watching him talk to himself in the second half was kind of funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
                            Special teams and offensive game plan looked terrible. I said at the end of the very first offensive series that we looked like we went into the game with absolutely no offensive game plan and no identity. I don't get it. My fifth grader's tackle team knows more about themselves than UNI appears to right now.
                            100% this.

Comment

• We have to have a QB question. Has Colton earned the start?

Comment

• Watched a little video of the last 10 minutes if the game.

On Montana's last series...our D was really good on 1st and 2nd down. Barely missed breaking up the 2nd down pass and kept the receivers underneath.

On 3rd and 2 we **** ourselves. The DB gave the receiver a free release off the line and 5 feet of space. He needed to jam that guy at the line and give the blitz a chance.

Farley was waving the DBs up right before the snap but we were way too late in telling them.

Little things that are big.

Comment

Working...
                                X