WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

***Game Thread Iowa, Week 2***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by run&blade View Post
    If uni is going to play Iowa or Iowa State every year then Drake needs to be the toughest non conference game.
    No problem with that, as long as Drake comes to the Dome every time. However, I can see UNI doing a home and home or even two at Drake and one at CF to appeal to the Des Moines market. I think all the D1 Iowa schools should play each other as much as possible. Keep that FBS money in the state for the smaller schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by havok58 View Post

No problem with that, as long as Drake comes to the Dome every time. However, I can see UNI doing a home and home or even two at Drake and one at CF to appeal to the Des Moines market. I think all the D1 Iowa schools should play each other as much as possible. Keep that FBS money in the state for the smaller schools.
      That's not a bad idea. I've no idea why we don't try to make some moves into the Des Moines market (other than not being able to fully capture the Cedar Falls/Waterloo market).

Comment

• Harris needs to walk in the locker room after the game and fire Farley.

Comment

• They showed Farley drawing up a play on the sidelines. I can only imagine it was a run straight up the middle.

Comment

• Can Dunne start the rest of the games please?

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

That's not a bad idea. I've no idea why we don't try to make some moves into the Des Moines market (other than not being able to fully capture the Cedar Falls/Waterloo market).
              I just shake my head when it comes to the cedar valley not embracing the Panthers. I get that the majority are hawk fans, but for the most part it’s fun to go to and watch the games. Maybe UNI isn’t doing to get new fans in the area. Maybe they tried and the local interest isn’t there. Either way, why not keep reaching out till you find your fan base, and in this case it may be the Des Moines area.

Comment

• Originally posted by strike00 View Post
                Can Dunne start the rest of the games please?
                If the receivers can’t catch, it doesn’t matter who starts. Iowa is making both QBs look bad though

Comment

• Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                  Harris needs to walk in the locker room after the game and fire Farley.
                  We can't afford it

Comment

• Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                    Harris needs to walk in the locker room after the game and fire Farley.
                    That’s a little harsh. Iowa’s clearly better on both sides of the line of scrimmage, and their D line one of the top units in college football.. UNI matches up poorly with Iowa this year. Not starting Dunne is a bit of a head scratcher, since he has more upside and playmaking ability in a game like this. But, none of the above are fireable offenses.

Comment

• Hopefully Ferentz dials it back after this score. UNI was clearly not prepared for this game, even with a week off.

Comment

• Does moines will never drive by tailgate heaven in Ames to drive to Cedar Falls.

#1 is win a lot. Uni draws well when they are winning and highly ranked. The last decade uni seems to be done before the first home game. At the very least the buzz is gone.

#2 do what ever you can to embrace tailgating even more. Not even sure what that would be but try and make it even better. Perhaps the Iowa Craft Beer bus

#3 sell beer inside the dome and price it cheap.

Seriously, a new head coach is needed. My group has started tailgating at ISU on some off weeks. I don’t care about ISU but the tailgating is fun and frankly, tired of getting my hopes up.

Comment

• My apologies for this post as I it has been a number of years since I have been on this site.
                          Question - where is Marcus Weymiller?

Comment

If the receivers can’t catch, it doesn’t matter who starts. Iowa is making both QBs look bad though
                            i think Eli looks fine. Receivers can’t catch and the Oline can’t handle the the Iowa Dline.

Comment

• Bright spot: Penalties after 3 quarters. UNI 1-15. Iowa 7-53. Where were these refs years ago?

Comment

Bright spot: Penalties after 3 quarters. UNI 1-15. Iowa 7-53. Where were these refs years ago?
                                They know UNI is no threat this year, so no need to put the fix on.

Comment

Working...
                                X