WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

***Game Thread Hampton, Week 4***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to university. Which is where everybody normally in the grass lots get funneled to.

So so take a three mile detour to get back to the same mess you escaped.

Comment

Man, r&b is really worried about depreciation...
      #MACtion

Comment

Personally I enjoyed the game tremendously.

Made a stop at the Bookstore and scored some sweet merch on sale...

Had some delicious pizza and a few tasty cold ones at the O.P...

And then watched the Panthers roll from my seats that are mid-field and 15 feet off the sideline. Like watching college football played in my living room.

And afterward I drove out of the gravel lot in a flash.

It's really not that hard to enjoy it fellas. You just gotta want to have fun more than you want to piss and moan.

Highly recommend it.

​​​​​
        Last edited by Blue42; 09-24-2018, 08:13 PM.
        Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

We parked in a different area due to the grass lots being closed so I’ll need to know for the next game. Can someone please explain the issues with the new egress. The maps are showing traffic going both ways at 31st. The thread sounds like it only goes West.

Did they change the plan? I truly hope not as trying to push all South and West traffic out the Greenhill Extension is going to get really ugly after the NDSU game (assuming near sellout stays the full game).

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post
            It doesn’t make much sense to force locals to drive west out of cedar falls. Good lord did some geek with a slide rule come up with that ?

of course many are going to Uturn, they don’t want to drive 4 miles out of their way.
            Are you aware of the new Greenhill access road? It is literally a couple of hundred yards west of the Panther Parkway exit from the McLeod and west Dome parking lots. From there it is easy access to University Avenue or farther south to Greenhill road going east. It is certainly not four miles west of town as you state.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
              You just gotta want to have fun more than you want to piss and moan.​​​​​
              That sounds just about impossible for some people on here.

Comment

Getting out on Greenhill was easy (and maps were disseminated in many ways). Some people should experience the two hour drive we make after that before they complain. Small detour = first world problem.

Comment

Originally posted by FOTY View Post
                  We parked in a different area due to the grass lots being closed so I’ll need to know for the next game. Can someone please explain the issues with the new egress. The maps are showing traffic going both ways at 31st. The thread sounds like it only goes West.

Did they change the plan? I truly hope not as trying to push all South and West traffic out the Greenhill Extension is going to get really ugly after the NDSU game (assuming near sellout stays the full game).
                  Pushing the traffic west after games and concerts was part of the reason for the Greenhill road extension. The bad part is the city made the roundabout at University and Greenhill the smallest I've seen. Semi-trucks have to ride the middle because of it's size. No sense at all when it's supposed to handle game day traffic and high school traffic. And it's not like the city and UNI didn't have plenty of green space to work with. Another win for the city engineers or whomever designed it. Then again, I thought the Greenhill road extension should have been two lanes each direction from Hudson to 27th. Again, you're talking about the future high school location, UNI games and the potential for future residential growth so one lane each way I just don't understand. There was also early talk in the build process to make Greenhill one-way south from 27th to 31st to help move traffic after games and concerts, can you imagine the traffic control issues if that happened, especially if the police gave up on keeping 27th blocked.

But to your question, 27th street is supposed to be west only after games. I haven't driven that route so I don't know if there is a sign at Greenhill and 27th saying that it connects to University Ave. If not, it may be good to place one there. 31st street is two way traffic, either take Panther Parkway by the power plant or connect with Greenhill road.
                  Last edited by havok58; 09-24-2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Does 31st connect with the Greenhill extension?
                    I've never taken it, but I swear I saw Road Closed barricades on 31st west of the power plant and Gold Falls Villa when going to and from the volleyball match tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                      I've never taken it, but I swear I saw Road Closed barricades on 31st west of the power plant and Gold Falls Villa when going to and from the volleyball match tonight.
                      Gold Falls Villa is still around? That is quite a surprise.
                      "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                        Personally I enjoyed the game tremendously.

Made a stop at the Bookstore and scored some sweet merch on sale...

Had some delicious pizza and a few tasty cold ones at the O.P...

And then watched the Panthers roll from my seats that are mid-field and 15 feet off the sideline. Like watching college football played in my living room.

And afterward I drove out of the gravel lot in a flash.

It's really not that hard to enjoy it fellas. You just gotta want to have fun more than you want to piss and moan.

Highly recommend it.

​​​​​
                        Good post.
                        "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                          It shows 31st open to Greenhill on the egress map placed on cars at the FB game. Supposedly you can go either East or West from Panther Parkway onto 31st .

Comment

Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post

It shows 31st open to Greenhill on the egress map placed on cars at the FB game. Supposedly you can go either East or West from Panther Parkway onto 31st .
                            You can.

Going west is quicker because you don't have the light at Hudson.
                            #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                            X