WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

***Game Thread NDSU, Week 6***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clenz View Post
    Also since the UNI/UNC basketball game was brought up.

On campus that day was

UNI vs North Carolina - tip time of 1pm on ESPN3 and broadcast on 9.2
    Football vs Southern Illinois - kick off time of 4pm on TV and ESPN3
    Volleyball vs Loyola - serve time of 7pm and on ESPN3

Wrestling was also in action that day but in Minnesota and S&D was in Kansas

I remember that day being extremely hectic but it was pulled off.

What's changed, for the negative, since 2015 that we could do 3 events all with 3 hour intervals, on ESPN3 and TV at that point but we couldn't do it in 2018?
    Different Scenario--

ESPN national sent a broadcast crew for the basketball game and we ran a separate PSN broadcast that was OTA only.

The football game was the Valley game of the week, so the Valley TV crew was here for that.

Volleyball was a home ESPN3 broacast that would have had the entirely of the football game to set up.

This doesn't excuse the facts for this weekend.

Side note--Is that 24 hour volleyball rule listed in the constitution somewhere? My god, its the most iron clad thing going today. They can play 3 matches in 18 hours after flying across the country but can't play twice in less than 24 after a 2-4 hour bus ride?
    Last edited by BCPanther; 10-03-2018, 11:36 AM.
    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post

I’ve been trying to upload images from my phone and it doesn’t work in this site. Using from a phone or third party image hosting. I’ll try to reupload from a PC.
      Hang on ... are you able to upload images to PN using a PC (to your media library or elsewhere on PN)?

And, thanks for reposting, Clenz.

"Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

In before a mocking comment from Lakes about how we are still so focused on the 1pm kickoff time and not the game itself.

Comment

I just can't believe volleyball in anyway influenced a football start time.

​​
          "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Originally posted by ubuntuCAT View Post
            I just can't believe volleyball in anyway influenced a football start time.​​
            If you want to hear it from the man himself... Harris starts talking about the 1:00 kick at 47:00 in. Both of our 1:00 kicks are due to Volleyball also being in town.

Comment

Seriously, we have a volleyball thread on this site. The whole start time has been beat to death. It is not popular (me either) but let's move on. I want to discuss how the game itself will play out. I am leery of our offense. I think the d will be fine. I anticipate a low scoring game. Any other game thoughts?
              Last edited by panthergirl123; 10-03-2018, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post
                Seriously, we have a volleyball thread on this site. The whole start time has been beat to death. It is not popular (me either) but let's move on. I want to discuss how the game itself will play out. I am leery of our offense. I think the d will be fine. I anticipate a low scoring game. Any other game thoughts?
                That's literally all there is to say about this game. We know exactly what this series has looked like for a decade.

The team that makes the fewest mistakes wins, like always. Both teams are physical as hell and will beat the crap out of each other.

This isn't a game about schemes.

#MACtion

Comment

Any word on Nick Ellis? He was on crutches for the second half last week, the announcers said wearing a boot.

Other injuries?
                  "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

Hang on ... are you able to upload images to PN using a PC (to your media library or elsewhere on PN)?

And, thanks for reposting, Clenz.
                    Hey! I posted that!

WHERE ARE MY KUDOS?!?

Lol jk, that's a Simpsons joke, at the :50 mark of this video

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

That's literally all there is to say about this game. We know exactly what this series has looked like for a decade.

The team that makes the fewest mistakes wins, like always. Both teams are physical as hell and will beat the crap out of each other.

This isn't a game about schemes.

The only other question is how many don't play the next game. It's a sad/discouraging thought, but this one game has the tendency to take players out for the rest of the season.
                      Here's really hoping everyone survives with no more than a few bruises.

Side note to Girl123 - The OPR segment is actually worth a listen beyond volleyball. Harris also discusses this game, what they are doing to promote attendance at the game, BB scheduling and a few other items of interest.
                      Last edited by FOTY; 10-04-2018, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FOTY View Post

If you want to hear it from the man himself... Harris starts talking about the 1:00 kick at 47:00 in. Both of our 1:00 kicks are due to Volleyball also being in town.
                        Thanks for posting this. I don't know the logistics of broadcasting/ESPN particularly, but it would be more fair if FB and VB alternate with having to make schedule concessions, rather than FB having to be the mover. Probably not related, but AFAIK softball has not had any of the games at Robinson-Dresser on ESPN3/+, I assume to also due to TV logistics. I am wondering how many other schools are having to juggle start times due to ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19

The difference is that the conference has rules regarding volleyball start times (Fridays and Saturdays, starting at 7 p.m. local time). Football has no such rules (other than maybe "Saturdays").
                          Could have played Volleyball at 9:00. It's outside the completely unbreakable, set in stone, ordained from Jesus Christ himself 24 hour rule.

I just don't see how you are disadvantaging your 2nd highest revenue sport so 20 people can watch a volleyball match behind a paywall on the internet.
                          #MACtion

Comment

Grass lots closed. What could go wrong has gone wrong and what didn’t need to go wrong the athletic department took care of on their own and made it wrong.

Comment

I'm going to homecoming. Is there a charge to park everywhere now, including across Hudson by the West Gym?
                              GO PANTHERS!

Comment

So what I'm sensing here is the Point Spread has ballooned from 7.5 to 12.5 because UNI , its players, its fans and its admin have been so focused on this volleyball match.

Got it .. Hopefully the UNI players are consumed by this and forget to study their playbooks.

ps- is Suds Rooftop open? any new bars down there?
                                UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Working...
                                X