WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-1

We virtually lost any chance at the auto-bid by losing Saturday. We have got to finish 5-1 or better to make the playoffs, which would get us to 7-4 overall.

Remaining schedule:
    @USD
    SDSU
    @WIU
    Ill St
    @YSU
    MSU

Brutal. Honestly, hard to imagine us getting thru that with only 1 loss. Looks more like 4-2 to me.

Feels like almost every game we play now is a virtual coin flip. Never know what kind of team we are going to run out there on a given Saturday...
    ​​​​
    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

It's always going to be brutal. Our league is brutal.
    "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

There aren't 5 wins there. There may not be 4 wins there.
      #MACtion

Comment

I would say probably 4-2 with that schedule. I could easily see 3-3, though. Ugh.
        Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
        Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
        - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
          It's always going to be brutal. Our league is brutal.
          Indy State took SDSU to OT and there are signs of life at Missouri State as they were close to tying USD late in the fourth quarter this weekend (two failed attempts on a third-and-goal from the one followed by a failed attempt on fourth down in a 35-28 game).

The league is just getting more and more competitive.
          "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

I'm not disputing what you wrote, but hasn't this kind of "win out" scenario been all too common the last few years with this program?

To be honest, I more or less tuned out of UNI football when I saw the halftime score of the Montana game during Week 1. I wasn't even aware that we played NDSU last Saturday until the game was over. I used to be pretty excited about UNI football, but the same ole', same ole' every single season under Farley has sapped my interest.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post
              I'm not disputing what you wrote, but hasn't this kind of "win out" scenario been all too common the last few years with this program?

To be honest, I more or less tuned out of UNI football when I saw the halftime score of the Montana game during Week 1. I wasn't even aware that we played NDSU last Saturday until the game was over. I used to be pretty excited about UNI football, but the same ole', same ole' every single season under Farley has sapped my interest.
              Unfortunately that seems to be wide spread looking at the stands on Saturday... Winning fixes a lot of things...
              If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Or doing anything during games to engage the crowd. I personally enjoy mis-timed team intros and watching people silently eat ribs.
                #MACtion

Comment

We can still hope that the Bizon and a couple other teams fall into a major funk and lose a couple (not holding my breath, though).

Comment

Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
                    We can still hope that the Bizon and a couple other teams fall into a major funk and lose a couple (not holding my breath, though).
                    I'd rather see UNI put a program together that removes all hope that others fail for us to look good. Hoping the Bison falter is a false hope at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat80 View Post

I'd rather see UNI put a program together that removes all hope that others fail for us to look good. Hoping the Bison falter is a false hope at best.
                      Agreed. We need to fix our own damn problems. Hoping others become problematic is just plain lazy and sad

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                        There aren't 5 wins there. There may not be 4 wins there.
                        Agree. There are three wins there (losses to SDSU, ysu, and one of the Illinois schools). May only be two wins if Missouri state keeps playing well.

Comment

IIRC we've been 2-3 or worse after 5 games in

2013 is the only year since 2012 we've had a team with a winning record through 5 games. That year we were 4-1 - we'd lose out next 5 games in a row.

We can be "happy clappers" all we want, but that unacceptable.

Remember when UNI didn't have to make excuses because we'd just beat people?
                          Remember when teams were actually intimated by the dome?

I'm not even sure the member berries member anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Cat80 View Post

This.

Member when UNI didn't need to hope other teams failed to make playoffs?

Comment

Seriously? You weren't even aware that we played NDSU until the game was over? That is being seriously checked out! I would hope that you would cheer for the Panthers, even during the bad times. Some of the biggest critics on here are still going to games and cheering.

Comment

Working...
                              X