WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

***Game Thread USD, Week 7***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Game Thread USD, Week 7***

The buzz around town is palpable, you can cut the excitement with a knife!

UNI plays in Vermillion on Saturday Night in the UNI-Dome's Illegitimate Little Brother.

I know we're better whether that shows up, who knows?

Not even going to make a prediction.

#MACtion

Just gotta find a way to win, can't be too hungover from last week's loss.

Comment

I would establish the running game. Even it it doesn’t work keep doing it.

I would always run on 1st down and most of the time on second down.

Some things are more important than winning. Like establishing the run.

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post

LOL!! Sad part is , I can see Eli once again finding spots and carving up the secondary, but then since it will be working to well, and showing that an accurate pocket passer can be a good thing, Farley stubbornly will have to make sure Eli runs an option 6 times.

Comment

IIRC this is the first night conference game for USD since they joined the league. I would guess this game will be as electric as it gets in that dome - sans SDSU games. Look to be 85-90% sold out with only the end zone seats left.

I want Eli to throw 50 times. I don’t care about “balance”. Mike Leach nailed why a 50/50 type offense balance is rediclous. It’s not balance when 5 of your 6 best weapons are WR/TE and your forcing a handoff to one or two players 50% of the time. That’s not balance. Balance is putting a plan together that gets the ball in your playmakers hands. That’s not good planning.
          Last edited by clenz; 10-11-2018, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post

And wait until the 2nd half to do it. Like after Eli has thrown for 250 in the first half and we're up a couple of scores. That would really throw off the D!
            Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
            Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
            - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
              The buzz around town is palpable, you can cut the excitement with a knife!

UNI plays in Vermillion on Saturday Night in the UNI-Dome's Illegitimate Little Brother.

I know we're better whether that shows up, who knows?

Not even going to make a prediction.
              You know it is football season when it takes until 4pm on Thursday for the game week thread to start. I can feel the lack of electricity in the air...
              If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post

You know it is football season when it takes until 4pm on Thursday for the game week thread to start. I can feel the lack of electricity in the air...
                We are a beaten down fan base.

Comment

Fall behind by double digits in the 1st half, mount furious and impressive comeback in the 2nd half, & then lose by 1 score because of something terrible happening in the 4th Q (blocked kick, pick 6, etc).

That is my prediction.

USD 31
                  UNI 27
                  UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                  iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by JCPanthers View Post

We are a beaten down fan base.
                    Sadly true.
                    If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Uni has to win. Lose this game and there is nothing that can be done that will bring uni fans to the dome for SDSU.

24-17 UNI.

If UNI loses, Harris needs to be driving around the tailgate lots next Saturday with T-shirt’s for kids and 6 packs of beer for adults.

Comment

UNI is much more physical than usd. .. pound on them and you should win this.

31-23 I say. USD hasnt been tested really outside of their K state beatdown.
                        UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Sadly, I agree with R&B. You think the amount of empty seats was bad for NDSU, imagine what it will look like when the #1 team isn't coming in, especially if we're late in the season playing another team that is middle of the pack (or worse) in the conference.

I don't have a good feeling about this one at all on the road - I think they're totally jacked up to play us and their fans will be the same.

I'll say 28-24, UNI, just because I need to believe they can get back on track, but that's just based on hope.
                          Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                          Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                          - George Halas

Comment

This is my chance to see the Panthers in person once again. I'm excited to see the team, rather than listening to Gary like every other week. I've got to say, I don't have high expectations, but I want to see Farley hang a W on the Coyotes. ****, since my TA lectured today, I wore a UNI t-shirt and ball cap to class this afternoon.

Every Saturday is a new chance to get it right. Every Saturday is another chance to turn this thing around. I will ALWAYS find a way to root for this team, no matter what their record is.

Game time can't get here soon enough!
                            Fight! For the Purple and the Gold!
                            VICTORY FOR UNI!
                            UNI FIGHT! UNI FIGHT!

Comment

I'm interested to see how this one plays out. I don't think SD has really played anyone too scary yet. Their D has given up some yards and they've been penalized a lot. The game could go either way but UNI is backed into a corner and i expect them to play like it and we'll come out with a physical win. No easy games in the Valley.

I'm with Clenz...i hope we throw it 40 or more times and use the pass to set up the run and use a ball control passing game in place of just running down hill. I hope we're at a point where the coaches decide this is the team we are this year and go with it. Much like when they finally decided...we have David Johnson lets figure out a way to give him the ball in as many ways as we can, as often as we can and turned that season around even with brutal QB play several years ago.

I know this is another week down the road but how did ISUb put 50 up on SDSU?
                              Last edited by 7YrsOfCollegeDownTheDrain; 10-12-2018, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X