WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Educator day on 11/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Educator day on 11/17

The university has apparently been running a promotion for educators to get 2 free tickets to the game vs. Missouri State on 11/17. I just attempted to go online and couldn't get signed up for them. Wondering if they were gone and that was the reason for the lack of connection on the website, I called the ticket office. First of all, the girl working in the office had no idea they were even running the promotion - she had to do the same Google search I had done to find out about it and look at the section of unipanthers.com I was looking at to see that it was a thing. Secondly, she was unable to give me any answers as to whether there were still free tickets available through this promotion, but assumed there weren't given the websites inability to connect me (which seems hard to believe with the crowds we've pulled lately).

Could someone fill me in as to whether these free educator tickets are still a possibility for that game, or are they gone?
    Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
    Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
    - George Halas

They've Tweeted repeatedly and repeatedly posted on Facebook that the promotion is now closed and that all tickets for the promotion were claimed.
    #MACtion

Comment

Potentially embarrassing when the place is half empty.

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post
        Potentially embarrassing when the place is half empty.
        will you be there? If not, then why make statements about attendance?

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post

will you be there? If not, then why make statements about attendance?
          Yes, I have Purchased multiple tickets to every single home game for over 12 years.

Running a promo for free tickets and then saying there are no more looks damn stupid when it is half empty. It will be 3/4 empty if they lose 1 of the next 2.

Comment

Yes, I have Purchased multiple tickets to every single home game for over 12 years.

Running a promo for free tickets and then saying there are no more looks damn stupid when it is half empty. It will be 3/4 empty if they lose 1 of the next 2.
            They can't force people to actually use the tickets that they have claimed, any more than they can force season ticket holders (or students) to show up.
            so really, it is the fanbase that looks stupid.

Of course, outside of a dozen or so teams, the majoirty of FCS stadiums are half empty or more in the second half of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
              They can't force people to actually use the tickets that they have claimed, any more than they can force season ticket holders (or students) to show up.
              so really, it is the fanbase that looks stupid.

Of course, outside of a dozen or so teams, the majoirty of FCS stadiums are half empty or more in the second half of the season.
              Nah, man, you don't get it, we're the only team that doesn't sell out every single game! We're the only team that has mixups at the ticket office! We're going to barely squeak into the FCS Playoffs, just like every other team in the FCS! There's no reason that we can't be outdrawing Ohio State every single game.

(This is sarcasm, in case it wasn't clear. I feel like I shouldn't have to put this, but I feel like I might.)

Comment

There is zero chance the thousands of empty seats are people that bought tickets and didn’t show.

Season ticket sales are obviously down. I don’t blame the fans, the product is way down.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                  They've Tweeted repeatedly and repeatedly posted on Facebook that the promotion is now closed and that all tickets for the promotion were claimed.
                  Not on Facebook and don't follow on Twitter. Thanks for the info.

Kinda have to agree with R&B that it's a bad look to say they're out with so many empty seats lately. Hard to believe that thousands of teachers claimed all of those seats. Guessing it was a small section offered that closed quickly.
                  Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                  Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                  - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
                    Kinda have to agree with R&B that it's a bad look to say they're out with so many empty seats lately. Hard to believe that thousands of teachers claimed all of those seats. Guessing it was a small section offered that closed quickly.
                    They had a set number of tickets that they set aside to give away to educators on a first-come, first-served basis. That set number was already claimed.
                    Sure, they could possibly open up more to give away, but I don't see why they should be required to.
                    And if it is bad/embarrassing for them to only give away a limited number, then all the other programs that don't give away any tickets to educators must be even worse or more embarrassing.

Comment

Last game of season. I would give them all away.

Comment

Last game of season. I would give them all away.
                        If you ever become an athletic director somewhere, perhaps you will be able to do that.

Comment

Uggggggghhhhhh. This was an incredibly positive promotion. Something we didn't HAVE to do. Something that got a lot of love and appreciation on social media.

But let's complain some more.

"...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Why not put on main ticket website all the free tickets available to educators have been claimed.

Solves it instantly.

No no reason to depend on social media when social media wasn’t needed to get the tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
                              Uggggggghhhhhh. This was an incredibly positive promotion. Something we didn't HAVE to do. Something that got a lot of love and appreciation on social media.

But let's complain some more.
                              I think a key problem is that the ticket office seemed oblivious to the situation from the program to the status of the tickets. As someone calling in, I would be frustrated if they told me that they couldn't find anything on the promotion so they must be out of tickets.
                              If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Working...
                              X