WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember when...we have a game at YSU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm estimating that YSU took a physical beating last week in the Fargodome and won't have their legs for this ballgame. As mentioned, Farleys team's are typically strong in November which bodes well for this weekend.
    YSU has nothing to play for except pride...I like our chances but have a feeling this one will be a nut cruncher
    "Give a cheer Ho, the purple and the gold!!"

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
      That's hardly just a Farley thing.
      Most of the pre-Farley trips to the postseason involved either winning an easy first round game then getting beaten soundly the next weekend, or just flat out losing on Thanksgiving weekend. (there were a few times where they made it to the third game before being beaten soundly, but they are rare).

1985 beat Eastern Washington, drilled by Georgia Southern
      1990 lose thanksgiving weekend
      1991 beat Weber State, drilled at Marshall
      1993 Kurt Warner's team loses thanksgiving weekend
      1994 lose thanksgiving weekend at Montana
      1995 beat Murray State, drilled at Marshall
      Drilled by Georgia Southern?

You may want to re-think that one.
      "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by PantherFan View Post

They weren't drilled in 1985. They lost 40-33 and it was a great game. You can watch it on YouTube.
        I started watching the game on YouTube. I agree that we were not drilled.

Drilled is tonight's NFL game of Pittsburgh vs Carolina. Pitt offense had 52 points through 3 quarters. Good news is seeing UNI alum LJ Fort play and make a couple of tackles.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
          That's hardly just a Farley thing.
          Most of the pre-Farley trips to the postseason involved either winning an easy first round game then getting beaten soundly the next weekend, or just flat out losing on Thanksgiving weekend. (there were a few times where they made it to the third game before being beaten soundly, but they are rare).

1985 beat Eastern Washington, drilled by Georgia Southern
          1990 lose thanksgiving weekend
          1991 beat Weber State, drilled at Marshall
          1993 Kurt Warner's team loses thanksgiving weekend
          1994 lose thanksgiving weekend at Montana
          1995 beat Murray State, drilled at Marshall
          Drilled by ga southern? Lol. Wrong. One score, back n forth and might be the greatest game in uni dome history. Wow

Comment

As of 7:45, light snow in Youngstown, temp 25, winds gusting 20-30. Great FB weather

Comment

Panthers playing like most of our other away games.

Comment

I know it's windy, but we haven't thrown on first down once yet.

Comment

Same old offense. Got to do something different that running up the middle.

Comment

New coach anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by strike00 View Post
                      I know it's windy, but we haven't thrown on first down once yet.
                      Obviously, going to run when we are pinned deep. However, when we had field position no passing. Plus, according to Rima we have favorable wind conditions right now. So why not take advantage when we have favorable wind conditions.

Ugh. As I was writing this we fumbled and gave up the 2nd TD.

Comment

Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post

Obviously, going to run when we are pinned deep. However, when we had field position no passing. Plus, according to Rima we have favorable wind conditions right now. So why not take advantage when we have favorable wind conditions.

Ugh. As I was writing this we fumbled and gave up the 2nd TD.
                        Knew weymiller was going to fumble as he kept trying to run wide near the goal line and had been carrying the ball high. Why you’d carry it high in one arm on 3rd and 1 pinned deep is moronic. I’m a long-standing farley supporter but after this season, it is time

Comment

I've seen this movie before.......it doesn't have a happy ending.

Comment

Another pathetic lifeless performance. Awesome job guys.

Hopefully we can play the JV team in next weeks meaningless game.
                            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

I love Marcus Weymiller...

But jeezus we're 10 games into the season and our offense consists of running the same guy between the tackles on 1st and 2nd down and then trying to throw on 3rd and long.

It's ridiculous with the talent we have to have such a one dimensional offense.

It's a crime.
                              Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                                Another pathetic lifeless performance. Awesome job guys.

Hopefully we can play the JV team in next weeks meaningless game.
                                Sure looks like the JV is playing today and we left the varsity in the Dome.

Comment

Working...
                                X