WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember when...we have a game at YSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember when...we have a game at YSU

Seems like the Penguins put up a fight against the Bison last week. Not sure what to make of this one but it's Wednesday and there's no game thread.
    Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

It's a road game

Farley road games have been mostly bad the last few years
    Farley road games in stadiums with zero crowd and energy? Even worse

Not a great feeling about it

But it's November. Farley doesn't seem to lose in November.

Comment

I think we all have AJ Fever. It's officially basketball season in the world of Panther Sports.

If you'd have told me 20 years ago that we would officially become a basketball school I, along with the other 267 people sitting in the Dome, would have laughed you out of the building.

It's November, we know the script. Farley goes and wins, beats Missouri State convincingly, beats either a Big Sky or tiny private school from the east coast on Thanksgiving and then gets drilled in Brookings.
      #MACtion

Comment

Maybe we won't have to go to an MVC school early in the playoffs since there will probably only be 4 MVFC team in it. Not counting on it, but maybe.

As for this game in particular, I'm not gonna lie, I couldn't care less. Like BC said, it's basketball season. If it were the other way around, and football was looking darn good while basketball looked like it was going to be mediocre, I'd probably be very excited for this one. As is...eh.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
          It's November, we know the script. Farley goes and wins, beats Missouri State convincingly, beats either a Big Sky or tiny private school from the east coast on Thanksgiving and then gets drilled in Brookings.
          That's hardly just a Farley thing.
          Most of the pre-Farley trips to the postseason involved either winning an easy first round game then getting beaten soundly the next weekend, or just flat out losing on Thanksgiving weekend. (there were a few times where they made it to the third game before being beaten soundly, but they are rare).

1985 beat Eastern Washington, drilled by Georgia Southern
          1990 lose thanksgiving weekend
          1991 beat Weber State, drilled at Marshall
          1993 Kurt Warner's team loses thanksgiving weekend
          1994 lose thanksgiving weekend at Montana
          1995 beat Murray State, drilled at Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
            Most of the pre-Farley trips to the postseason involved either winning an easy first round game then getting beaten soundly the next weekend, or just flat out losing on Thanksgiving weekend. (there were a few times where they made it to the third game before being beaten soundly, but they are rare).

Again. Those were 16 team fields not the bloated mess that is 24. You aren't comparing the same thing. We shouldn't be getting bids and the horrible teams we're beating certainly shouldn't be getting bids.

In fact, 1985 was a 12 team field and that first game was a quarterfinal after a bye.
            Last edited by BCPanther; 11-07-2018, 02:40 PM.
            #MACtion

Comment

Its hard to even talk about or get too excited about our games because you have zero idea which team will show up. If you’d tell me we’d win by 30 or lose by 30 I would believe each equally.

I’ll say we will try and run the ball 50 times in the cold weather, hope to get a couple big turnovers, and win a 17-13 horrific ugly type game.
              UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
              iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

The Ice Castle...is that a thing still?

I think Dunne is hitting his stride, I mean he only threw one pick last week. (Mitch Trubisky copied his game script) I think UNI pulls out a solid win, trounces SMS and the rpls the playoffs.

Anyone want to carpool to Frisco???

Comment

Originally posted by Spathicle View Post

I think Dunne is hitting his stride, I mean he only threw one pick last week. (Mitch Trubisky copied his game script) I think UNI pulls out a solid win, trounces SMS and the rpls the playoffs.

Nah. I don't want to watch NDSU destroy somebody. Besides, we've got SIU in the McLeod Center that night.

#MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post

They weren't drilled in 1985. They lost 40-33 and it was a great game. You can watch it on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                      If you'd have told me 20 years ago that we would officially become a basketball school I, along with the other 267 people sitting in the Dome, would have laughed you out of the building.

Funny you say that... I used to have a rule I didn't follow or even watch bb until fb was done for the season. It was a known rule.
                      Now I'm pissed I couldn't even listen to the glorified practices in late October (Wartburg and UIU). Times have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post
                        It's a road game

Farley road games have been mostly bad the last few years
                        Farley road games in stadiums with zero crowd and energy? Even worse

Not a great feeling about it
                        I know we seem to have a good November record but not such a great record versus this team recently. I hope I am wrong but I don't have a great feeling about this game either.

Comment

Originally posted by Spathicle View Post

I always thought they should call it "The Igloo"

Seems way more penguin-y to me. I mean, penguins can't build castles! It just doesn't make any sense

Comment

So you're saying penguins can build igloos?
                            GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by DomeIsHome View Post

I always thought they should call it "The Igloo"

Seems way more penguin-y to me. I mean, penguins can't build castles! It just doesn't make any sense
                              Let it go, Elsa.

Comment

Working...
                              X