WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Need To

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Need To

Fire Farley when the team gets back to Cedar Falls

Why wait? Dannen killed the baseball program when they were on the road.

Comment

I agree. As much as I hate to say it. It's time to make that move.

Comment

Or/and practice outdoors.

Comment

We don’t need another thread. Everybody knows what needs to happen. There’s literally nothing left to discuss.
          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
            Fire Farley when the team gets back to Cedar Falls
            how big of a check are you personally willing to write?

Im far from an attorney. I've been reading Farley contract and looks to me like it might cost $600k up to $1 million.

I don't understand the 150% bit top of page three.

Comment

Not sure I see the point in such petty drama when next week's game means nothing.
              If it saves the department money to wait until the end of the season (or even the first of the year), I don't see the harm in that.

But I'm not holding my breath on that happening either.

Comment

We could do a Remember the Titans type thing with co head coaches. Farley has no say in the offense...

Comment

I've had this hope that perhaps some FBS head coach would offer Farley a LB coaching position or a DC role where he could make $600k a year for the next 5 years before he retires and he'd find his own way out.

But I don't think so...
                  Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
                    how big of a check are you personally willing to write?

Im far from an attorney. I've been reading Farley contract and looks to me like it might cost $600k up to $1 million.

I don't understand the 150% bit top of page three.
                    We'd owe him $750k plus whatever APR and attendance bonus he gets for 1 year.

$200k base salary x 3
                    $30k media fee x 3
                    $20k appearance fee x 3

#MACtion

Comment

How many more years does Farley have on Dannen stupidity contract.

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post

"Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Gotta look at more than just his salary and contract pay out, it’s the other opportunity costs that we will be losing out on ,, players don’t respect him,he doesn’t respect them or even treat them like a coach should to get the best out of them,, the coaching staff will probably turn over once again,, attendence will contnue to sharply decline under his leadership or I mean Lack of leadership, he seems more self centered than the overall health of the program, ,, so it will be well worth it overall to pay him off and send him on his way.. Thanks for the past Farley but that’s the trouble , you are coaching in the past, not looking forward.

Comment

There will be nothing left in three years.

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post
                              three more years. Runs through 2021.
                              Dannen is a college friend of mine but yes, who the he:: gets an eight year contract.

Farley won't get fired right away, but David should certainly sit down with Mark at the end of the year and offer him a way gracefully and with respect. But, if Mark won't willingly retire.... burn the bridges.

Comment

Working...
                              X