WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Need To

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by run&blade View Post

I will save the $650k and just go to Iowa state games. Just because an AD is dumb enough to give him that money doesn’t mean fans will just accept it.
    What are you talking about? You want Harris to fire Farley, but not honor the payout clauses of the contract? A great legal mind you're not.
    GO PANTHERS!

Comment

It's been too long since we've painted a new championship year up on the wall. Eight years since our last outright championship and seven since we shared with NDSU who got the auto bid. Unacceptable.
      If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

All this talk of poor results in several of our sports, reseating issues, lack of ticket sales, etc. is concerning to me, too, but please I wish everyone would think about withholding money for tickets and PSC, not supporting the Panthers, etc. because you are only punishing the student athletes who I believe are trying their best to represent UNI. They are young men and women who have come to UNI to be athletes but to also get an education and become productive and successful citizens for life. I will continue to support UNI despite losses, because I think it's the only fair thing to do for the athletes.

Comment

National championships have always been outside UNI's reach, and frankly, with the juggernaut that NDSU has become, conference championships might be as well.
          But losing (and not even just losing, but getting our butts handed to us) by teams like this years WIU and YSU teams just is not acceptable. And there have been similar questionable losses in the past few years as well.

Comment

I don't think anyone expects us to win a National Championship, since we never have, let's at least feel like we're in the mix and could is extremely reasonable in my opinion.
            Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

National championships have always been outside UNI's reach

Disagree. We had the best team in 2005, 2007 and 2008. Should have been National Champs all three. BTW WTH happened in 2006?

Comment

Originally posted by UNIstudent View Post

Disagree. We had the best team in 2005, 2007 and 2008. Should have been National Champs all three. BTW WTH happened in 2006?
                And 87 and 92 and MAYBE 03.

87--Lost to Stan Humphries in a multiple overtime game in Louisiana in a game that should have been here.
                92--Kenny Shedd ran into a brick wall, literally.
                03--Got sent to Delaware to play in a blizzard due to Patty V's incompetence

Eric Sanders played on a nasty ankle all year in 06.

#MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

87--Lost to Stan Humphries in a multiple overtime game in Louisiana in a game that should have been here.

'92 and '03 still give me nightmares.
                  "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

And '85.

UNI was in the hunt all of those seasons.
                    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post

'92 and '03 still give me nightmares.
                      Ohhhhhh...'92.

What could have been, if the end zone wall would have been padded when Mr. Shedd ran into it.
                      Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                      Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                      - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post

Ohhhhhh...'92.

What could have been, if the end zone wall would have been padded when Mr. Shedd ran into it.
                        Lots of stuff needed padding back then. Back when the bball court was in the middle of the Dome floor, my best friend ran through one of those big purple curtains that they would put up in between the removable bleachers... and ran smack dab right into a giant cement block. He was lucky to not completely break his face. Of course we were young kids at the time and most people would know not to go barreling through a dark curtain without knowing what's on the other side... but yeah. Lots and lots of nostalgia from literally growing up in that building back when it was much different than it is now.

Sorry - took us completely off topic.
                        "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post

Ohhhhhh...'92.

I'm not sure that would have helped much. He hit that wall HARD. Still would have screwed him up pretty badly.

I'll blow your mind here--If Kurt Warner is the Quarterback on that team, Shedd doesn't get hurt. He made a great play on an AWFUL throw which caused him to lose his balance and go into that wall. Warner throws him a better ball and....
                          #MACtion

Comment

They added padding on the end walls after the Shedd incident. And I just recently noticed that they've also padded a whole lot more along the sidelines. (that may have been in place for a while now, but I just got around to noticing it during the high school football semifinals this year)

Comment

UNI wasn't the best team in 2005. They were a good team that benefitted from a whole bunch of lucky breaks.
                              And if UNI was really the best team all those other years, they would have won at least one championship.

I definitely miss having QBs like Eric Sanders and especially those offensive lines from that era, though.

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

And '85.

UNI was in the hunt all of those seasons.
                                And 1996 was a pretty good year too. Made it to the semi-finals behind the field stretching go routes of Dedric Ward only to come up short to the eventual champion Marshall team featuring Randy Moss.

Comment

Working...
                                X