WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember when.....we play against Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember when.....we play against Missouri State

After last weekend's loss at Youngstown, the focus has been on the program as a whole. However, we still have Senior Day and the celebration of those student athletes whose time as a UNI panther is ending. Thoughts on this final regular season game.
    Last edited by panthergirl123; 11-17-2018, 02:53 PM.

I took a day off of work to go watch my Panthers play...haven't seen them in a couple of years. Though the season has been some what disappointing... I still was sure I would be watching a team that was going to make the playoffs. After last weekend... I think I will just stay home.

Comment

After the release from the committee yesterday reminding everyone that 6 wins is sufficient and basically telling the world to deal with the fact UNI and WIU are getting in, I'm even less excited. We're going to do the whole Thanksgiving dog and pony show again and it's disgusting.

If FloHoops didn't have a replay I would have chosen basketball today. Still might depending on how snowy it is.
      #MACtion

Comment

I'll be there! Braving the snow!

I'm taking photos today though, so somebody's going to need to save an adult beverage (or two or three) for me afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
          After the release from the committee yesterday reminding everyone that 6 wins is sufficient and basically telling the world to deal with the fact UNI and WIU are getting in, I'm even less excited. We're going to do the whole Thanksgiving dog and pony show again and it's disgusting.
          Paid for my season tickets so I'll make an appearance though I'm hoping for a blow out so I can get home early. As to a Thanksgiving game, no thank you. I'll enjoy other games from the comfort of my house.
          If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
            After the release from the committee yesterday reminding everyone that 6 wins is sufficient and basically telling the world to deal with the fact UNI and WIU are getting in,
            Lets be honest. It's all about getting Montana in.

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post

Por qué no los dos?

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
                If you're going to take a mediocre team for the playoffs, might as well take a team with a dedicated fanbase that actually shows up to games (and thus better helps fund travel costs for the playoffs) rather than a team with fairweather fans that have already bailed on the team.
                Just makes more logical sense.
                (plus they have the head-to-head win)
                Last edited by vbfan19; 11-17-2018, 10:20 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I see that Indiana State is 7-4 after their win today. They've gotta be in, right?

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                    I see that Indiana State is 7-4 after their win today. They've gotta be in, right?
                    Probably. But they only have 6 D1 wins, same as us, and we beat them 33-0.
                    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

Probably. But they only have 6 D1 wins, same as us, and we beat them 33-0.
                      They are better than us now

Comment

No they're not. We'd paste them again.
                        Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

They’re going to put us in the playoffs, aren’t they?

Comment

I know it ticks a lot of people on here off, but we are probably going to get in, and Farley is going to get a bonus for it. I'm not sure there are even 24 7 win teams out there, but if they take any 6 win teams we have to be at the top of the list. Toughest SOS in the country and 3-2 against ranked teams. We are finishing 3rd in the MVC this year, down from 2nd last year, but how could they possibly justify taking only 2 teams from the conference that is head and shoulders above all others? I don't know how many valley teams are ranked now, but I know 7-8 were ranked at some point, and rightfully so. Only the best team in the history of IAA/FCS football can go thru this conference undefeated on the road, the rest of us beat each other up pretty good. I suppose they could leapfrog UNI with Indy St like they did with SDSU last year, or even ILSU in theory, but that 33-0 would look pretty bad if they do that. On the other hand nobody holds the FCS selection committee accountable or makes them justify anything. My guess is 4 MVC are in, two with 6 wins.

I don't think we deserve a home game in the opening round, but if that is based on bids, I suppose we will get one. I'd rather go somewhere else and kick the snot out of some east coast pretender again if it would get us out of a trip to Fargo in round 2.
                            Last edited by GonzoCat; 11-17-2018, 08:36 PM.
                            GO PANTHERS!

Comment

The FCS Selection Show will be on ESPNU at 11:30 am cst on Sunday 11/18.

Comment

Working...
                              X