WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lamar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamar

Sounds like Lamar's game plan is to get the run game going. I like our odds.
    Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

5dimes has us a -27

Most computers have this game at something like 37-13

Step on their throats early and often.
    GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

38-10 Panthers.
      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

48-0. Limited roster. Can't clear the bench. They can't score against our 2s.
        #MACtion

Comment

If they get to double digits it will be disappointing. Use this as prep week for a west coast trip.
          If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

I said it in the other thread and I'll say it again, biggest concern this week is motivation. I know Lamar is excited to be here. Are we?

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
              48-0. Limited roster. Can't clear the bench. They can't score against our 2s.
              Off topic. But does anyone know if the plan is to redshirt Howell and let him have a shot at the starting job next year? He's right at 4 games and hasn't played for a while including last weeks blowout. I may have missed this somewhere.

Comment

I hope not

I do not want a one year starter.

We have like 7 kids that will be RS freshman or sophomores next year. Give it to a kid that has 3 or 4 years go roll with it
                GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
                  I said it in the other thread and I'll say it again, biggest concern this week is motivation. I know Lamar is excited to be here. Are we?
                  I don't think motivation will be an issue Grainer. The attitude was there last week against the Bears and I think the boys know they are fortunate to be in the playoffs, hosting a game in the Dome and getting another chance to make a run, albeit mostly on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

Off topic. But does anyone know if the plan is to redshirt Howell and let him have a shot at the starting job next year? He's right at 4 games and hasn't played for a while including last weeks blowout. I may have missed this somewhere.
                    I hope not as well. We already know what Howel can do, and what he can’t do. Tough kid but can’t read the field or pass. Hopefully Farley will have a wide open competition this Spring so we can get a leader who can utilize the talent and be accurate downfield.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

I was wondering the same thing in the Dome on Saturday.

He never did any warm up on the sideline so obviously the decision was made ahead of time that he wouldn't do mop up duty.

Wondering if he counts this year as a red-shirt year, will he return to UNI or try it somewhere else?

I think there will be a competition next year even if he returns.

Hope it works out for him either way...kid played well for us and stepped up when the team needed him several times in last 3 years in CF.

Interesting thing will be...what if Eli goes down in a playoff game?
                      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Anybody heard amything about Briley? I assume he is out, but have not heard an update on him.
                        UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Holy crap. you made the playoffs!!
                          Lamar is garbage. you will destroy them
                          UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                            Anybody heard amything about Briley? I assume he is out, but have not heard an update on him.
                            Still questionable but returned to practice in a non-contact role on Tuesday morning. Thomas and Williams are also questionable but news is positive:

https://wcfcourier.com/sports/colleg...a88a6f125.html
                            "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

According to Lamar's bird cage, "Lamar is sending the marching band to Iowa." Not sure that UNI marching band will be there.

Also, apparently we're not giving them enough respect with all the talk of Davis.

Comment

Working...
                              X