WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lamar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems like I remember that the marching band(s) cannot participate, due to NCAA rules, in the play-off games (trying to "neutralize" the home team's advantage?) Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Comment

The PMB will not be there. There will be a pep band that will play from the stands, however.
      "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
        According to Lamar's bird cage, "Lamar is sending the marching band to Iowa." Not sure that UNI marching band will be there.

Also, apparently we're not giving them enough respect with all the talk of Davis.
        When I read one of them come out with a 31-13 Lamar win, I laughed out loud in the office. If these guys have 31 yards of total offense in the first half they will be lucky. These are the type of teams we need to be scheduling year in and year out for our 8+ DI wins for seeding purposes. This will not be close.

Comment

Originally posted by Bookin' Panther View Post
          It seems like I remember that the marching band(s) cannot participate, due to NCAA rules, in the play-off games (trying to "neutralize" the home team's advantage?) Correct me, if I'm wrong.
          I believe they can't be on the field to form a tunnel or participate in things of that nature. I could be wrong though.
          "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

I know at one point, since the NCAA had Coke as an "official partner", during postseason play any non-Coke beverage logos (Pepsi signs, Gatorade coolers, etc.) were supposed to be covered.
            Because, you know, that's super important.

Comment

The NCAA publishes a 40 page document for all hosting schools. I didn't see any mention of covering non-Coke ads (but Powerade must be provided to teams in certain specifications along the sidelines). All alcohol, tobacco, and gambling ads must be covered. I find the alcohol one ironic since starting in 2018-2019 season serving alcohol is allowed upon approval. In order to serve alcohol, one of many conditions included are that you have been doing this throughout the season. You can't just try to serve for a playoff game only in other words.

I didn't read that whole document but what I skimmed was pretty interesting.

Comment

Read the whole thing. One of the requirements is a meeting between administrators of both schools and NCAA officials (head coaches are optional) the night before the game. If refreshments are served at that meeting, they must be Coke products. It's that kind of detail that endears one to the NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherFan View Post
                  Read the whole thing. One of the requirements is a meeting between administrators of both schools and NCAA officials (head coaches are optional) the night before the game. If refreshments are served at that meeting, they must be Coke products. It's that kind of detail that endears one to the NCAA.
                  That's too funny. The NCAA is all about the almighty dollar.

Comment

Saw two dedicated Lamar fans that made the trip up (from Oklahoma, I think) on College Hill this morning.
                    They were looking for a sports bar to watch some of the other games before heading to the Dome. (I directed them to the OP, since they were right there and I didn't feel like explaining driving directions to other places.
                    I hope the OP on College Hill is still open (and has TVs), I haven't been there in a while. haha

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerDobber View Post

That's too funny. The NCAA is all about the almighty dollar.
                      Who isn’t. My campus only allows Coke products in all vending machines, on-campus retail, on-campus restaurants, Campus Club, dining, etc. The U signed an exclusive contract with Coke long ago. Caused an issue in 2012 when the Vikings played at TCF for a season because the NFL had a Gatorade contract, which is owned by Pepsi.
                      "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Well that's not the ideal start.

Comment

Our safties just suck at taking an angle to a runner. Wonder if we really want to be there.

Comment

So much for holding them to 31 yards of offense in the first half.

Had a feeling the overconfidence may not have been warranted. Hope we respond quickly. The longer a team like this stays in the game/in the lead the harder it will be to put them away. They're psyched to be here.

Comment

Good thing this is going to be a cakewalk and we'll be curb stomping this team

Comment

WTF?! How does that not get caught?

Comment

Working...
                                X