WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NDSU wins 7th national title in 8 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU wins 7th national title in 8 years

...and we suck. Discuss.

32-2 record in the FCS Playoffs.

Comment

They are better than UNI but not by as much as it looks.

Comment

Honest questions: why are they still in FCS? Why not use this success to springboard to a BCS level program? What's left to prove?

Is there something causing this to not happen?
        Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
        Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
        - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
          Honest questions: why are they still in FCS? Why not use this success to springboard to a BCS level program? What's left to prove?

Has there been serious talk of s BCS level conference wanting them? There’s a lot more to it than success on the field. Demographics, money behind the program, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

Has there been serious talk of s BCS level conference wanting them? There’s a lot more to it than success on the field. Demographics, money behind the program, etc.
            Conference affiliation has a lot to do with academics. NDSU's 95% acceptance rate may hold them back from finding an appropriate conference.
            "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

I'm not aware of any BCS conference expressing interest in them. Not sure NDSU is willing to make the additional investment overall that is necessary. And probably the bottom line is that conferences aren't drooling over the Fargo TV market.

Comment

Different players, different coaches, but they still find ways to win the big games. I'm envious.

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post

I don’t see the point of going to some garbage conference line Western Kentucky or Appy State did.

I would rather rack up titles then win the garbage bowl in Detroit.

Comment

Despite some of their fans (mainly Lakes) wanting to move up, I think most people associated with NDSU know that if they move up they will never have a chance at a national title again, for a program with as many titles as they have that is what they strive for, knowing that they wouldn't ever get that a chance again is holding them back.

Also losing Klieman is huge, plain and simple he has won anywhere that he had been, heck his one recruiting class at Loras ending up being the best Loras teacher in like the last 50 years.

Comment

What is the upside to moving up, really?

Absolute BEST case scenario would be that in 10-15 years you get to a Boise State UCF level and even then, its been proven that they have a 0.0% of ever playing for a national title even if they win every single one of their games for years on end.

Plus, they are land locked in Siberia recruiting-wise, and have no capability of expanding their stadium.

If I were them, I’d just keep enjoying the winning.
                      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Depends on if your goal is winning national titles at the 2nd highest level of college football or is it something else.
                        "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                          What is the upside to moving up, really?

Absolute BEST case scenario would be that in 10-15 years you get to a Boise State UCF level and even then, its been proven that they have a 0.0% of ever playing for a national title even if they win every single one of their games for years on end.

Plus, they are land locked in Siberia recruiting-wise, and have no capability of expanding their stadium.

If I were them, I’d just keep enjoying the winning.
                          Winning shouldn't ever get old. But it's human nature to get spoiled and want more.

I think they stay FCS. Too big a jump and the geography is too much of a hinderence. It's not impossible they could pull a Boise/App State level of success...but it's a big risk.
                          Last edited by Blue42; 01-09-2019, 06:37 PM.
                          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

I think the FCS needs to break em up. Move some of their coaches and players to other schools. And before I get in trouble with the zero sense of sarcasm people, j/k.
                            GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
                              I think the FCS needs to break em up. Move some of their coaches and players to other schools. And before I get in trouble with the zero sense of sarcasm people, j/k.
                              UNI could lend them a coach. That would do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X