WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Day in the Dome 3/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Day in the Dome 3/26

Fans welcome, 1:30 in the Dome.

Participants:

2018 Seniors
    Bryce Douglas - DT
    Eli Dunne - QB
    Austin Errthum – K
    Brink Jolly - OL
    Rickey Neal, Jr - OLB/DE
    Elias Nissen - TE
    Cal Twait - OL
    Marcus Weymiller - RB

2013 UNI Graduate
    Terrell Sinkfield - WR - Northern Iowa

Other Athletes
    Tony Anderson - DB - Grand View
    Grant Kraemer - QB - Drake

Entire (short) read:
    CEDAR FALLS, Iowa – Eight graduating Panthers, one UNI Football alum and two others will participate in UNI's pro day Tuesday at the UNI-Dome.
    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
    Brink Jolly - OL
    did he ever play for UNI?

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
      Fans welcome, 1:30 in the Dome.

Participants:

2018 Seniors
      Bryce Douglas - DT
      Eli Dunne - QB
      Austin Errthum – K
      Brink Jolly - OL
      Rickey Neal, Jr - OLB/DE
      Elias Nissen - TE
      Cal Twait - OL
      Marcus Weymiller - RB

2013 UNI Graduate
      Terrell Sinkfield - WR - Northern Iowa

Other Athletes
      Tony Anderson - DB - Grand View
      Grant Kraemer - QB - Drake

Entire (short) read:
      https://unipanthers.com/news/2019/3/...r-tuesday.aspx
      Is there any real talk around any of these guys being legit? By real talk I mean from the coaching staff, who more importantly interact with NFL scouts. My guess is the only guy on that list with any real chance is Twait. The others weren’t productive enough in college, or just aren’t NFL caliber athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
        did he ever play for UNI?
        He was injured most of the one season with UNI (grad transfer, after completing his undergrad at Wyoming). I do not recall hearing his name during the game broadcasts I heard.

Bueller?
        "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

Is there any real talk around any of these guys being legit? By real talk I mean from the coaching staff, who more importantly interact with NFL scouts. My guess is the only guy on that list with any real chance is Twait. The others weren’t productive enough in college, or just aren’t NFL caliber athletes.
          Nissen will definitely get a shot.

Neal will get in a camp.

Dunne had enough interest all season that he'll at least get a look. Farley had said there were scouts in for Dunne almost weekly.

Errthum could get a shot as well.
          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

Nissen will definitely get a shot.

Neal will get in a camp.

Dunne had enough interest all season that he'll at least get a look. Farley had said there were scouts in for Dunne almost weekly.

Errthum could get a shot as well.
            Nissen gave himself a shot st getting drafted with the pro day numbers he put up, dude had an awesome day

Comment

This is an interesting site - you can type in pretty much any name and get a draft grade and projection:

Didn't find any Panthers that weren't listed as "FA" out of that list, by the way
              Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
              Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
              - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

Nissen gave himself a shot st getting drafted with the pro day numbers he put up, dude had an awesome day
                Do you have specifics on the numbers?

Same with the rest - none of them had the stats or dominance at the FCS level the scouts would like to see. At least, I’d guess you’d read that quote somewhere if a scout was asked. I could also still have an aftertaste of the Montana game. Dunne and Neal didn’t show up, and a scout would want to see great play against FCS level opponents.

Erthumm is interesting though. Kickers don’t necessarily need to be SEC AA’s to get serious consideration.

Comment

Nissen's numbers from pro day were published by UNI athletics.

He's positioned himself well to get a shot in a camp. Now he's gotta stay healthy and take advantage.
                  Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Errthum's ability to drive kickoffs gives him a shot. That's what always hurt guys like Brian Mitchell and Mac Hoambrecker, tremendous accuracy and the ability to hit long field goals but didn't necessarily drive the ball on kickoffs.

Dunne will at least get a look as a 'camp arm'.

Neal should be a sought after FA with his ability to rush the passer

Nissen and Douglass should both get a chance in camps too.
                    #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                    X