WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

***Week 1 - at Iowa State***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Week 1 - at Iowa State***

It is upon us.

LETS GET IT.
    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

HUZZAH!

(ten characters)
    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Reading between the lines a little bit and listening to Coach Farley during numerous interviews, I actually am getting the impression that he really likes this team. Sounds like he is genuinely excited about McElvain at QB, and is confident in our defense.

Maybe we have a better team than most assumed?
      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
        Reading between the lines a little bit and listening to Coach Farley during numerous interviews, I actually am getting the impression that he really likes this team. Sounds like he is genuinely excited about McElvain at QB, and is confident in our defense.

That would be great.

Comment

As a dual-fan, we will have a dual-tailgate. UNIdaughter will be there wearing purple, UNImom will probably wear a house divided shirts, and both will be sitting with me in the upper deck front row. We will have UNI flags and UNI banner ribbon on display. Purple and gold bags and ropes. Serving pancakes with raspberry and peach sauces. Expecting lots of UNI fans to join us. Send me a PM if you want to stop by and I'll give you the location. We will start on Friday night! And probably have a victory tailgate afterwards (I can't lose!). Hope to see some of you there.

Comment

I get the same feeling. I went back and watched the presser from yesterday - that isn't a Mark we've seen for more than a few years.

The fact he came out more than week before the game an named McElvan the starter publicly tells me a lot. I think we could all figure out it was Will based on photos/videos from camp, but Mark never commits to a QB. Even last year he didn't want to commit to Eli until after the Iowa game. I said a while back i didn't care if it wasn't named publicly as long as there wasn't this splitting of reps right up until first possession.

I truly think UNI gets out of OOC 3-1 right now. I've got vibes from this program that I haven't seen in so many years. Maybe 2011 - which was a pretty special year.

Comment

Listened to Cole Bair's interview with Farley last night. Agreed. I have not heard him sound like this in a long time, both in words and tone. Very upbeat, very positive. Perhaps a bit giddy, in a Farley sort of way.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000447858210
              Last edited by ronfitch; 08-27-2019, 12:12 PM.
              "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Watched the press conference, listed to the podcast. I get the feeling that he really likes his team. Seems to really like what he's seen from McElvain and his ability to make plays and be a hard nosed/competitive leader.

I think the D will be typically sound and we just need our guys up front to get pressure.

I'm excited for week one and excited for the season. 3-1 out of conference would be huge to give us a good start on the long elusive playoff bye week.

Comment

I will probably have an extra ticket available in the UNI section if someone is looking for one. Just let me know.

Comment

The rain really won't matter for the actual game but, man, it's going to hurt the tailgate.
                    #MACtion

Comment

Today it looked like the weather channel had the rain chances backed down...lets hope that's a trend that continues.

In looking at the game/season this will obviously be a really good test to see where we are at. ISU had the #2 D in the big 12 last fall. (i'm sure some would argue no one plays D in the big 12) The media seems really high on their D line and their front 7. So i'm going to be looking to see if we can come out and effectively run the football. If we can establish the run behind an O Line that looks to be built to run the football I'll be really optimistic about the rest of the schedule as this will most likely be one of the best D-lines we see this year.

Last time we had success in Ames we did so with a QB that could run (AB) but that was a different ISU team/program in Campbell's first year. I'm hopeful McElvain's ability to extend plays will be a big help to keep thier D honest.

I'm hoping for a win but really if we show we can run the ball against a quality D and that this will be just a paycheck and a speed bump at the beginning of a fun season. Still think it's closer than the 18.5 line.

Comment

Let's gooooooo

I've been busy all week but am pretty much done with work, because who needs that, and am pretty fired up for this one. Lets derail this whole thing they've got going on in Ames

Comment

I'm really worried about the unproven secondary and a QB starting his first game. I'd like to just see some positives to build on coming out of this game.
                          Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                          Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                          - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by DomeIsHome View Post
                            Lets derail this whole thing they've got going on in Ames
                            I'd rather see UNI win, and then ISU go on to win the rest of their games this season.

Comment

I am hoping for a game a lot closer than the 18.5 line. Anything above that will be disappointing.

That said, my biggest concern for the game circles around McElvain. He is a first time college QB starting in a full Jack Trice. If their defense is as good as advertised, there will be mistakes. Will Farley allow him to stay in the full game, get comfortable and learn from the mistakes throughout the game? I will be disappointed if I see Keller anytime before the final minutes of a game out of reach. And if it's in reach, please no Keller.

Comment

Working...
                              X