WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

***Week 1 - at Iowa State***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post

I'd rather see UNI win, and then ISU go on to win the rest of their games this season.
    Nah

Just don't care for 'em that much

Comment

Originally posted by FOTY View Post
      I am hoping for a game a lot closer than the 18.5 line. Anything above that will be disappointing.

That said, my biggest concern for the game circles around McElvain. He is a first time college QB starting in a full Jack Trice. If their defense is as good as advertised, there will be mistakes. Will Farley allow him to stay in the full game, get comfortable and learn from the mistakes throughout the game? I will be disappointed if I see Keller anytime before the final minutes of a game out of reach. And if it's in reach, please no Keller.
      I remember another first time college QB who started at Wisconsin and was *this* close to pulling it out

I get it, but two days before the game is not when I start thinking rationally. I'd rather have this game than all the others put together - but I'm a crazy kind of person.

Also I tend to agree with everything you said. If McElvain is the starter, keep him in. I don't care if it's 60-0.

Comment

Originally posted by DomeIsHome View Post
        Also I tend to agree with everything you said. If McElvain is the starter, keep him in. I don't care if it's 60-0.
        depends how the O-line is performing. If the game is out of reach and the QB is taking alot of hits, pull the starter to save some wear and tear.

Comment

I remember another first time college QB who started at Wisconsin and was *this* close to pulling it out
          Fourth and one at the Wisconsin 40-or-so with 2+ minutes left after putting up 14 on them in the fourth quarter. Sawyer was great that day.

"Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

Fourth and one at the Wisconsin 40-or-so with 2+ minutes left after putting up 14 on them in the fourth quarter. Sawyer was great that day.
            I was there! Wisconsin fans were great until about the middle of the third

Comment

Kollmorgen and DJ killed the Badgers on the wheel route that day.
              Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

DJ killed everyone on the wheel route

One more day and it's game day. I'm excited to see the 2019 Panthers. Hoping McElvain develops like Eric Sanders, another undersized, under recruited QB.

Comment

Who stayed up and watch the SDSU/Minnesota game last night? The Jackrabbits looked fantastic and probably should have won...

I know that's not really related to UNI, but would you rather have the Panthers lose close like that or just get blown out? I'd settle for a win.

/against any FBS team, I think I'd rather lose by blowout. I hate thinking about what *could* have been, even ten years later....

Comment

Who stayed up and watch the SDSU/Minnesota game last night? The Jackrabbits looked fantastic and probably should have won...

I know that's not really related to UNI, but would you rather have the Panthers lose close like that or just get blown out? I'd settle for a win.

/against any FBS team, I think I'd rather lose by blowout. I hate thinking about what *could* have been, even ten years later....
                    Speaking of what could have been, the Iowa BTN twitter page shared a throwback Thursday that is still pretty damn painful...

Comment

Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

Speaking of what could have been, the Iowa BTN twitter page shared a throwback Thursday that is still pretty damn painful...
                      Not even looking

Comment

Just a PSA: If you're planning on streaming tomorrow's game and you don't already have it, you'll need to download the Fox Sports app. The Fox Sports Go app won't stream the game. I ran into this problem last night watching SDSU/Minnesota.

Just trying to save some time for those of you who are up and up on the technology

Comment

That SDSU offense. Please take notes.

They started to employ that full-house pyramid pistol formation NDSU has used to just crush, and the wrecked with it.

SDSU looked real damn good.

I want a win. Will be pulling for a win. However, if Iowa State wins I'd take making their b-holes pucker for 4 quarters.

Comment

Minnesota also has a ton of starters returning, and is at least in the conversation to contend for the B1G West title. This year, that’s actually a good thing, as there are several teams who could make a case for being pretty good. It’s not a queen of the pigs situation like years past.

Bottom line, SDSU could be pretty frackin’ good.

Comment

would you rather have the Panthers lose close like that or just get blown out? I'd settle for a win.

I'd much rather have a close loss than been blown out. Getting blown out sucks.

And I have no problem at all looking back at and remembering those close losses like that Iowa game or the Wisconsin game. Sure, it would have been great to get the W, but knowing that the team was within reach of going ahead late in the game if they had gotten just one more small break or two is still something to be proud of when you're going up against a program that has 22 more scholarships and millions of dollars more in football budget.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                                I'd much rather have a close loss than been blown out. Getting blown out sucks.

And I have no problem at all looking back at and remembering those close losses like that Iowa game or the Wisconsin game. Sure, it would have been great to get the W, but knowing that the team was within reach of going ahead late in the game if they had gotten just one more small break or two is still something to be proud of when you're going up against a program that has 22 more scholarships and millions of dollars more in football budget.
                                I'll actually agree with Jay

Last year's Iowa game, or the Zach Davis Iowa State game, are just horrific. o

-As painful as 20-19 Iowa State or 17-16 Iowa are I felt better about teams after those than 27-0 Iowa State throwing 2 pick 6s or 31-7 to Iowa State or being down 38-0 to Iowa and starting Colton Howell at QB.

23-31 to Iowa, 26-21 to Wisconsin, 27-16 to Iowa all "hurt" but that is easier to deal with than 38-13 or 31-1 or 27-0

Comment

Working...
                                X