WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

***Week 2 - vs Southern Utah***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Week 2 - vs Southern Utah***

Hope opener. Good weather. Tailgating.

Lets get the W.
    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

They got blasted a bad UNLV team. Leave no doubt.
    #MACtion

Comment

i'm hopeful this is a game the O can get rolling and we can stretch out a lead and play some of the 2's on the depth chart to get some game experience. Should be great weather to tailgate. everyone needs to try and bring 2 friends with them and get a nice crowd in the dome. We need get back to where the dome is a loud uncomfortable place to play. Winning will help fill those seats. I'm hopeful a very good effort on national TV will draw some casual fans to the stadium.

Comment

And after the football game, you can show your football ticket at the door to the McLeod Center to gain free admission to the volleyball match against Kentucky (who is ranked #7 in the preseason coaches poll)

Comment

for all the we need to sell beer to fill the seats crowd. Come to the dome...bring a couple friends...buy them a round. beer sales to general public in the dome starting this Saturday. Enjoy your libations responsibly.

Comment

I'm hearing that the intro video is awesome, we know the beer will be flowing, the weather looks good, and the team is hot. What more could you ask for?? I'm so ready to be back in the Dome.
            "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

-24 on the early line - we live in Iowa so why not talk about it.

How about this? We live in Iowa and can talk about legally betting on our team to win and drink a beer in the stands while watching the team. Hell yes.

This is a game we *should* step on their throat early. Step on it, then jump on it.

Comment

24 is a big number in any game...but Southern Utah is coming off a 1-10 season and just got blown up by UNLV.

I agree - we should win this one going away. Get the O rolling early, the D will do what they do and it should be a fun day to enjoy my first beer in the Dome. Hope they partner with singlespeed to have some local beer available.

Comment

We all know Farley 2 deeps are mostly a game of darts but Briley is listed as TE1 this week again.

I'd guess Farley isn't wanting to give anything away though.

Comment

Farley just told media that Briley is our for an extended time. Damn. No time table for return.
                    "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

I have no idea how serious or what exactly the injury is but i assumed all along it would be very unlikely to see Briley before the bye week. We'll get to see what we have in his backups and hopefully have Briley back and healthy for MVFC play.

Comment

Originally posted by 7YrsOfCollegeDownTheDrain View Post
                        24 is a big number in any game...but Southern Utah is coming off a 1-10 season and just got blown up by UNLV.

I agree - we should win this one going away. Get the O rolling early, the D will do what they do and it should be a fun day to enjoy my first beer in the Dome. Hope they partner with singlespeed to have some local beer available.
                        Singlespeed has been liking and retweeting many of the posts announcing beer sales and I thought one of those indicated their "Gable" beer would be available in the stadiums.

Comment

Originally posted by 7YrsOfCollegeDownTheDrain View Post
                          I have no idea how serious or what exactly the injury is but i assumed all along it would be very unlikely to see Briley before the bye week. We'll get to see what we have in his backups and hopefully have Briley back and healthy for MVFC play.
                          To be fair, up until the last couple of years it seemed as though our quarterbacks forgot we even had TEs in the offense to throw to.

Comment

Realistically we shouldn’t need Moore until Weber State on the 28th, that would be an ideal return.

Comment

i was reading through the local paper for cedar city/st george...looks like UNLV gashed them with the run game. Also of note their best corner appears left the UNLV game early returned to the sideline on crutches and most likely won't be available.

lets hope this is a chance to get our run game going and take control of the game early.

Comment

Working...
                              X