WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idaho State - Game 3 - Week 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idaho State - Game 3 - Week 4

I see they were 6-5 last year and scores seemed like they competed in most games. They will most likely come with a record of 1-1 this year. Looks like they have a new QB from last years team. Not sure we'll know a lot about them from their first two weeks as they will have beat up on a D2 school and will most likely get beat up by Utah in week 2.

At home against a middle of the pack Big Sky team i like our chances a lot. Hopefully we see 2 weeks of work poured into the running game or maybe we throw to the edges more to simulate a running game. I think UNI wins 38 - 7 since i'm guessing we won't put the ball on the ground 4 times.

Everyone try to bring 2 friends and lets get 11,000 or 12,000 people in the dome.

Sorry for the double post but i didn't want to look at that wrong heading. If there's someone with moderator power...please delete the other one.

I see in the game notes that the two deep has been updated ahead of this weeks game and it follows Farley's comments from the press conference. Briley Moore not listed on this weeks 2 deep. Per quotes out of the press conference may not return this year. Hope to see Briley back at a 100% either end of this year or for a full season next year.

Comment

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves but, l think the true litmus test of the season will be at Weber State in a couple weeks.

Comment

This should be similar to the SUU game

Absolutely have to find a ground game though.

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
          Not to get too far ahead of ourselves but, l think the true litmus test of the season will be at Weber State in a couple weeks.
          Agreed. I'm optimistic we will be pretty good this year. Better than recently. But I am waiting to see how we do in that game to get too excited.

Comment

Alright, I don’t even want to think about Weber State or any other team until after Saturday night. I know the Panthers will be favored in this game, however it seems like every year we end up losing a game or two to a team we should not. It is time for the Panthers to prove to me they can live up to the hype we have been receiving Since our close loss to ISU. We have moved up nicely in the rankings and even did so with a bye week. Now let’s go out and put a complete game together against another Big Sky opponent for a solid Win.
            Lets bring some Panther Pride back to this once Powerful Program
            Heres to...
            More victories
            Bigger Crowds
            Higher ranking
            playing for conference title
            home playoff games
            another cold beer
            LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleCatFan View Post
              Alright, I don’t even want to think about Weber State or any other team until after Saturday night. I know the Panthers will be favored in this game, however it seems like every year we end up losing a game or two to a team we should not. It is time for the Panthers to prove to me they can live up to the hype we have been receiving Since our close loss to ISU. We have moved up nicely in the rankings and even did so with a bye week. Now let’s go out and put a complete game together against another Big Sky opponent for a solid Win.
              Lets bring some Panther Pride back to this once Powerful Program
              Heres to...
              More victories
              Bigger Crowds
              Higher ranking
              playing for conference title
              home playoff games
              another cold beer
              LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL AGAIN
              That's a hell of a post.
              Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Some news from the scribes:

WCF Courier: Panther o-line ready to get moving
                https://wcfcourier.com/sports/colleg...0b5571910.html

WCF Courier: Weston happy to be making an impact
                https://wcfcourier.com/sports/colleg...c68563e8c.html

CR Gazette: UNI defensive end Seth Thomas' patience has paid off
                https://www.thegazette.com/subject/s...nsfer-20190920

Also, Cole Bair's "On UNI" podcast dropped overnight. Justin Surrency returns to recap SUU game and look toward Saturday. One item they brought up that I missed was that Omar Brown had a practice injury early in the week before SUU was pretty serious - thought at the time to be possibly season-ending (according to them).
                Last edited by ronfitch; 09-20-2019, 06:32 PM.
                "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

This will be Idaho State’s first noncon game against an FCS opponent since 2008. Remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
                    Some news from the scribes:

WCF Courier: Panther o-line ready to get moving

WCF Courier: Weston happy to be making an impact

CR Gazette: UNI defensive end Seth Thomas' patience has paid off
                    CEDAR FALLS — Over the past decade in college sports, it’s become common for a student-athlete to transfer if playing …

Also, Cole Bair's "On UNI" podcast dropped overnight. Justin Surrency returns to recap SUU game and look toward Saturday. One item they brought up that I missed was that Omar Brown had a practice injury early last week that was pretty serious - thought at the time to be possibly season-ending (according to them).
                    Yikes, at least it happened before he played 4. Plus we've got Shakespeare waiting in the wings....
                    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Yikes, at least it happened before he played 4. Plus we've got Shakespeare waiting in the wings....
                      Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe that practice injury happened going into the SUU game. They were concerned he was out for the year w/ leg injury was initial reaction, but ended up being nothing

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
                        This will be Idaho State’s first noncon game against an FCS opponent since 2008. Remarkable.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ida...6c0e3.amp.html
                        That's almost unbelievable

Comment

Originally posted by DomeIsHome View Post

That's almost unbelievable
                          Yet we can't get home games to work out mathematically......

Comment

Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe that practice injury happened going into the SUU game. They were concerned he was out for the year w/ leg injury was initial reaction, but ended up being nothing
                            Can someone clarify if this is the case?

Would be a huge blow if he is out, he has been very good.
                            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Yeah, the bye week threw me. I edited it.

It was before the SUU game. But I didn't recall hearing the severity of it until they were discussing it on the podacst.
                              Last edited by ronfitch; 09-20-2019, 06:33 PM.
                              "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Working...
                              X