WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoco 2019-ysu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoco 2019-ysu

Well we broke even so have a bit of room to breathe for conference play. The guins will be an interesting test but have to play a complete game.
    Oh, and let me make this perfectly clear to you people: you go to UNI, NOT IOWA. The Hawkeyes and their fans do not give a crap if you remain "true to them" or some stupid self-fulfulling bullcrap like that.-OTP

What i say are my opinions and mine alone, and not that of anyone associated with me.

Going 5 and 2 the rest of the way is going to be tough in my opinion.

it has been a hard transition to limit or not have expectations of our football team, but has definitely made me a lot less frustrated each fall. Hopefully last night was just another case of us heading west and not getting off the plane for the first half.
    Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Originally posted by TravelingPanther View Post
      Going 5 and 2 the rest of the way is going to be tough in my opinion.

it has been a hard transition to limit or not have expectations of our football team, but has definitely made me a lot less frustrated each fall. Hopefully last night was just another case of us heading west and not getting off the plane for the first half.
      We don't have to go 5-2. There are 8 games left, going 5-3 puts us at 7-5 and a likely playoff lock.

At 8-4 we might get a 1st round bye.
      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

We don't have to go 5-2. There are 8 games left, going 5-3 puts us at 7-5 and a likely playoff lock.

My bad. Brain forgot it was a 12 game season.
        Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

8-4 seems like a stretch for a 1st round bye, but I haven't checked recent history to see the records of bye teams. I would be pleasantly surprised if we went 6-2 in conference at this point.

Comment

For some reason the Penguins skipped a money game this year and played average competition. Hard to get a read on them. They look physical and talented but the competition has been far below what we have played.

Comment

Originally posted by Leatherhelmet View Post
              For some reason the Penguins skipped a money game this year and played average competition. Hard to get a read on them. They look physical and talented but the competition has been far below what we have played.
              YSU usually schedules one money game and 2 cupcakes. But this year it looks like they went with 4 cupcakes instead.
              That type of scheduling has gotten them into the playoffs a grand total of once in the past 12 seasons (granted, they did make it to the championship game that one season that they actually made the playoffs)

Comment

Understand but playing on the road in the playoffs. Playing multiple games on the road and having to play an extra game are death sentences so that’s really the point

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

Understand but playing on the road in the playoffs. Playing multiple games on the road and having to play an extra game are death sentences so that’s really the point
                  But we are traditionally a GREAT road team, remember?

Comment

Has Bo ever won a game in the state of Iowa?

Comment

Originally posted by Spathicle View Post
                      Has Bo ever won a game in the state of Iowa?
                      I believe his last game as HC of Nebraska was a win at Kinnick at the end of the 2014 regular season.
                      As well as a win there in 2012. And wins over ISU in Ames in 2010 and 2008

Comment

Originally posted by UNIstudent View Post

But we are traditionally a GREAT road team, remember?
                        Is this a bit?

Comment

FYI
                          the homecoming parade scheduled for today 10/5 has been cancelled.

Comment

Oof the crowd. Not a chance it's over 10k.

Comment

Defense is looking a lot better. Offensive line somehow looking worse.

Comment

Working...
                              X