WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoco 2019-ysu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
    Anybody spot Jalen Rima tonight?.
    Heard he played in his 4 games and is planning to take a red shirt this year. Don’t know why, but what I heard this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by FOTY View Post

Heard he played in his 4 games and is planning to take a red shirt this year. Don’t know why, but what I heard this evening.
      Hard pass.

Kaboom.
      #MACtion

Comment

I'm 100% ready to play games without the band.

Playing over the ref explaining the reversal of the targeting is inexcusable. They can have the Dome when we're on the road. I'm sure they'll draw 10k minimum.
        #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by havok58 View Post
          Disappointed with the typical Farley conservative play calling: Early in the 4th, penalties get your offense inside the YSU 45 and you run the ball three straight times for little gain which results in a punt?
          if it's the drive I'm thinking off, the run on first down was rather successfully, gaining 8 yards. But the pathetic part was having 2nd and 2 and not being able to convert. And then having like a ten yard punt. Ick.

Comment

Random thoughts:

1. How much to hire a closed caption person for games? There's room on the videoboard for announcements and for the 'hero of the game'. People applaud so quickly it is impossible to hear the servicemembers' story. Put the text of their story on the videoboard so we have a chance...
            2. The band stopped playing at the Referee's whistle to start play every time. Annoying, but apparently legal. They still can't march in straight lines after more than a month of practice.
            3. O-line: Still seeing three big guys with hands on hips 4 yards past the los with 2-3 guys with white shirts laying on top of the runner at or near the los.
            4. Bo gotta be Bo. Funny. Too bad we fumbled after he helped with a 30 yd. penalty gain.
            5. Attendance is a dead issue to me. How many cycles of student body and 8-5 ho-hums have occurred since 2009? Until the program breaks through with something exceptional, this is who we are.

Comment

In a UNI uniform next year.....??

(I have no inside knowledge of this situation...but makes me wonder)
              Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Ncaa needs a rule for no band or piped in music last 25 seconds of play clock.

Comment

i have no problem with music or the band up to the whistle during our home games. especially when UNI is on D. The more noise the better.

I was pleased with UNI's last drive yesterday. To be a little more aggressive, move the chains and run out the clock on O rather than three runs, a punt and hanging it all on the D to hold on to the win.

It was nice to see Hoosman and Allen both average over 4 yards per carry against a quality Defense. I think there's been some progress in the run game.

We know we'll have our work cut out for us at NDSU but i really think this team can go and compete...keep it close into the 4th and you never know. In the past we've had success against NDSU with a D that can stuff the run (ours can) and a QB that can run a little and extend plays (and ours can). It'll be a hostile environment and a tough game but lets not forget they're starting a RS Freshman at QB too...and i'd bet our front 7 will get a chance to hit him and make him a little uncomfortable.

I think if we can win at NDSU that would help attendance the next week at home. I know our next home game is family weekend and should draw ok but why not do some $5 tickets out on the ends and just try to get some butts in the seats.

Comment

Gary announced this on the pregame show. He didn't give any additional commentary about it.

Comment

Did the rest of you see the chewing-out that Bo got for his penalty? Right in front of us.

So the 'guins get a penalty & Bo yells at a ref. He is starting to turn away and the second flag is thrown (I don't think he realized that it had been thrown initially). Some young guy in red comes up to Bo and gets in his face and proceeds to tell him loudly how stupid his actions were. This guy looked to be a part of the sideline staff, but was not exactly clothed like the rest of the assistant coaches?? Didn't look to be old enough to be an administrator. Bo took it from him (and continued to get in the ear of the sideline ref).

Pretty fast walk-by/hand-shake with Farley after the game too.

Comment

Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post
                        Did the rest of you see the chewing-out that Bo got for his penalty? Right in front of us
                        Yes, it was right in front of us as well in row 5

i think Bo recited the magic word

Comment

Did the rest of you see the chewing-out that Bo got for his penalty? Right in front of us.

So the 'guins get a penalty & Bo yells at a ref. He is starting to turn away and the second flag is thrown (I don't think he realized that it had been thrown initially). Some young guy in red comes up to Bo and gets in his face and proceeds to tell him loudly how stupid his actions were. This guy looked to be a part of the sideline staff, but was not exactly clothed like the rest of the assistant coaches?? Didn't look to be old enough to be an administrator. Bo took it from him (and continued to get in the ear of the sideline ref).

Yeah, it is on the EPSN replay. The play is at 2:10:40 and there is a good sideline shot about a minute later of the guy approaching Pellini.
                          Last edited by ronfitch; 10-07-2019, 08:04 AM.
                          "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by Cat80 View Post
                            Random thoughts:

1. How much to hire a closed caption person for games? There's room on the videoboard for announcements and for the 'hero of the game'. People applaud so quickly it is impossible to hear the servicemembers' story. Put the text of their story on the videoboard so we have a chance...
                            There are a lot of things that need to be improved with the gameday experience. Getting closed captioning so we can lean even further into this jingoistic act of cardboard patriotism that all sports have co-opted is not high on my list. Lets teach people not to be lemmings first, then worry about how to work around the fans with pre-conditioned reactions.

Comment

He was chewing the refs ears off the entire way off the field after the game, too. I was standing on the north concourse right above their exit tunnel and saw the whole thing close up.

I'm fine with our band playing late when we're on defense, but please PLEASE recognize who the home team is and knock it off.

The way they play the anthem is driving me insane.

They switched out the refs mic pack at half time, but also told him he needed to speak louder. (The ref is apparently soft spoken). The ref told them "No."
                              "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

The ref said "No" to explaining the calls more loudly so the crowd could hear him? Wth?

The back judge on that crew saved those guys by making some important calls that the two refs working the sideline struggled with. God bless him.
                                Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Working...
                                X