WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brawntae Wells Honored by Institute for Sport and Social Justice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brawntae Wells Honored by Institute for Sport and Social Justice

"Brawntae Wells Honored by Institute for Sport and Social Justice

The Institute for Sport and Social Justice named UNI defensive end Brawntae Wells the October Playmaker of the Month for his work on the field and in the community.

'I'm committed to changing lives and making a positive impact in our community," Wells said. "I understand that as a student-athlete, I have a unique platform that I can use to really help people.'"

Entire read:
    CEDAR FALLS, Iowa – The Institute for Sport and Social Justice named UNI defensive end Brawntae Wells the October Playmaker of the Month for his work o...
    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Good for him but let's see exactly what that means. We do know he's a heck of a football player.

Comment

Originally posted by Skej75 View Post
      Good for him but let's see exactly what that means.
      I thought the meaning was fairly straightforward in the article. They're honoring him for making a positive impact in the community

Comment

What a great kid!
        "Give a cheer Ho, the purple and the gold!!"

Comment

I thought the meaning was fairly straightforward in the article. They're honoring him for making a positive impact in the community

I'm sure he is doing that and I'm also sure he's a great kid. I get a little confused when the term "social justice" is bantered about, however. It typically means a lot more than mentoring and encouraging people to avoid trouble and make the right decisions. That he certainly seems to be doing. Salute!

Comment

Working...
          X