WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NDSU v UNI 2019 LETS GET IT ON!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are beating ourselves. Blown secondary coverages. Missed field goals. Dropped passes.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
      Jaylin just had to catch that TD. Perfect pass.

That was a game changing play.
      Yup. Entire game turned there. Was a real chance to put pressure on them that they haven't had all year
      #MACtion

Comment

3 running backs hurt in this game. Injuries compounding on offense.

Comment

I'm just so tired of remotely following this team. Every year, we schedule an FBS game, a road game at a top 10 opponent, and then we see NDSU every year. Most years, that's three losses you can count on before we even begin our schedule. That leaves zero margin for error to make the playoffs, and it keeps overall fan excitement at about zero. I don't even know what the answer is anymore. Schedule games against patsies the first three weeks to pad the record so we can win nine games and host? Make a coaching change? Help me out here, g uys; I'm just kind of down on being a panther football fan right now.
          Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
          Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
          - George Halas

Comment

Until you have an offensive scheme that can sustain drives, you can't win games like this.

Cuz you can't leave the D out there all day against this kind of competition.

No matter what D you have.
            ​​​​​​
            ​​​​​​
            Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

The demeanor of our team...and head coach...on road games continues to be a concern.

We look like we're on egg shells. Even when we were in the ball game.

And Farley looks detached on the sideline.

The demeanor during the Iowa State game was totally different...everyone talking, Farley visibly pumped up, having fun.

But today, at Weber, last year at Montana and Youngstown...totally different. Like we're waiting for something bad to happen.

That comes down from the top.

I get you want your team to be poised and smart. But college football is played on energy, emotion and confidence.
              Last edited by Blue42; 10-12-2019, 03:15 PM.
              Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

I agree. Listening to him on the postgame was not encouraging.
                Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post

and it could be a university policy violation for students and/or staff to bet.
                  Not buying that one unless it’s required if you work in the athletic dept or something along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by lakesbison View Post

missed UNI false start on uni TD.. so we are even now>

we got a game! 15-7 atmosphere went from blowout to oh no here.
                    Bison held like mad on several of the big scoring plays. Refs simply let them play like they had a plane to catch or something. UNI had no chance although never gave themselves one. The Farley era has been over for a while. It’s just Harris and Farley are the last to know.

Comment

Harris and Farley both need to go. The combination of them is killing the program.

Comment

I refuse to judge our program and Farley against NDSU. They outspend everybody by seven figures. Good for them, I guess.

Game changed on the dropped touchdown pass.

I still think we're the second best team in the league and USD is just what our offensive confidence ordered. I've been discouraged in the past but this year feels different.

And to answer above, yes, the strategy should be to load up on patsies outside of the FBS game that we, supposedly, have to play every year. Play at home. Get easy wins so that we're not A) traveling all over hell and B) not playing top 10 teams when we've got the league schedule we've got. 6 home games should be the minimum every year and 7 in 12 game years. We're a big time FCS program and we should act like it.
                        #MACtion

Comment

you looked very formidable 1st half, UNI should be a playoff team, even if you're 7-5 I believe.
                          UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                            And to answer above, yes, the strategy should be to load up on patsies outside of the FBS game that we, supposedly, have to play every year. Play at home. Get easy wins so that we're not A) traveling all over hell and B) not playing top 10 teams when we've got the league schedule we've got. 6 home games should be the minimum every year and 7 in 12 game years. We're a big time FCS program and we should act like it.
                            that sort of scheduling works for Youngstown, right?
                            They've made the playoffs once in the past twelve seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                              that sort of scheduling works for Youngstown, right?
                              They've made the playoffs once in the past twelve seasons.
                              It hasn't been because of their schedule. It's because they seem to lose one or two games completely inexplicably every year.
                              #MACtion

Comment

The game was a lot closer than the final score made it appear and turned on 5 plays. The two NDSU running touchdowns late in the 4th with game out of reach were meaningless, our defense just laid down for them. Shoe on the other foot we know UNI wouldn't even try to score in that position. The two long pass touchdowns where we completely blew coverage, the dropped easy touchdown pass and the two medium range FGs missed by a kicker who had missed nothing all year were the difference makers in what should have been a very competitive game. I don't know what the problem is, defense really let us down for a change. Agree that we are a good but not great team, probably top 15 FCS. Also agree we will not be great again without changes, we aren't even striving for greatness.

NDSU is a lot better than UNI. They're also a lot better than the rest of FCS and probably 80% of FBS.
                                GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Working...
                                X