WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NDSU v UNI 2019 LETS GET IT ON!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TravelingPanther View Post
    Money and culture are fine for explaining North Dakota State's rise to power, but they don't explain the other teams that have passed us by and past us by and beaten us in recent years.
    I'm beginning to be convinced that full cost of attendance is having a major effect.

Comment

Uni has nice crowds for a few years. The performance of the field killed that.

Farley needed to go after Hosing up the David Johnson era.

IMO the only question is how far down does the program go because I doubt anybody thinks it will ever go very high with Farley at controls.

I cringe when I hear Farley is high up on winningest FCS coaches. That’s like leading the minors in lifetime hone runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
        I'm beginning to be convinced that full cost of attendance is having a major effect.
        I don't think talent has been a problem. Where are we lacking talent?
        Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

I don't think talent has been a problem. Where are we lacking talent?
          offensive line?

Comment

The UNI HC job is still a prime position in FCS. If Farely bowed out, there would be a wealth of candidates. You could probably split up his current salary and pay the assistants more. Maybe hire a new strength coach.

Doing the same thing, and expecting a different outcome...

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post

offensive line?
              Seems like it, but other than that.
              Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                The UNI HC job is still a prime position in FCS. If Farely bowed out, there would be a wealth of candidates. You could probably split up his current salary and pay the assistants more. Maybe hire a new strength coach.

Doing the same thing, and expecting a different outcome...
                Bowed out? You mean not hold UNI to their contract? Doesn't seem likely Farley or pretty much anyone else would do that. I kind of recall we were having this same discussion a year ago, and under the terms of his contract the best time to let him go was last January. After that the cost went way up.
                GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Seems like it, but other than that.
                  having a dominant O-line was key to UNI's success back when they were successful (in the early 2000s)
                  having a dominant O-line is one of the keys to NDSU's success now.

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
                    IMO FCS should not have allowed that.

Comment

• Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post

having a dominant O-line was key to UNI's success back when they were successful (in the early 2000s)
                      having a dominant O-line is one of the keys to NDSU's success now.
                      For those who downplay this, it’s huge. Just watching the start of Monday Night Football last night, one of Green Bay’s starting OG’s was from NDSU. How many O lineman from UNI are currently playing in the NFL? Pretty sure the answer is zero. The program needs to develop guys of that level every other year or so, or at least have players in the conversation for serious draftability or legit PFA status on a fairly regular basis.

UNI has also not had a playmaker at RB in a few seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post

Bowed out? You mean not hold UNI to their contract? Doesn't seem likely Farley or pretty much anyone else would do that. I kind of recall we were having this same discussion a year ago, and under the terms of his contract the best time to let him go was last January. After that the cost went way up.
                        1/1/19 was when the buyout dropped significantly:

Thought we needed a thread to discuss Farley's future that wasn't buried in various other threads. As of January 1, his buyout drops to approximately $800k from the $1.375M that it currently sits at. Unfortunately, and unsurprisingly, Troy did not include any offset language so we would be on the hook Nebraska-Pelini style
                        "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

• Send Farley over to the foundation, or something on that lines. Let him hob-nob.

Eddie Robinson at Grambling (received his masters at Iowa of all places) was a legendary coach, but his last decade was mediocre at best. Don't need a repeat.

Comment

• agree on the o line... on those great teams from the early 2000's... we were turning out nfl o lineman and tight-ends. rhinehart, howard, kieth, mahaffey, hananm, and meester

Comment

• Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

1/1/19 was when the buyout dropped significantly:

https://www.panthernation.com/forum/...ley-watch-2018
                              Yeah, that's what I said January was the best time to fire him from a dollars standpoint. The buyout goes up $30K per year mid year thereafter, I was wrong remembering the cost went way up, it just goes up. Point was if money was the issue, January was when it would have happened. There's only two seasons left on his contract after this one, my guess is they just ride it out. What's another two years of above average but below fan expectations football when you've already had 10 or so? There's also a chance a buyout would cost more than it seems because his contract reads like it was written by a UNI pre-law student.
                              Last edited by GonzoCat; 10-15-2019, 03:21 PM.
                              GO PANTHERS!

Comment

• Whoa.. what happened to you guys? I thought we buried you. You're like the Pheonix rising from the ashes!
                                Top 5? Congrats! I think you are better than SDSU, especially after ndsu took their QB out for you
                                UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Working...
                                X