WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 10 Indiana State at #5 UNI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prices for any seat besides the crappy red section are $40 and up on UNITix website.

I have season tickets but if asked if I would be willing to drop $160 to sit in yellow section with my family of four for Indiana State I would say hell no.

who set these ticket prices and do they have any thoughts based in reality?

Comment

You could get 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 sodas for $60. That’s not much more than going to a local high school game. To me it looks like David is trying to get people there???

Comment

Originally posted by pantherball View Post
        You could get 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 sodas for $60. That’s not much more than going to a local high school game. To me it looks like David is trying to get people there???
        Uh. I took my kid daughter to the final HS game and then yesterday. A high school game cost no where near 60.

Tickets were $12 for the two of us. Two popcorns, a hamburger, hot dog and 2 waters was another 10.

A single water, popcorn and cotton candy yesterday was more than that.

It's not the consessions that's the issue. It's the fact that when you look at ticket prices anything other than the far corners are 45 to 55 per ticket

Comment

Uh. Taking four people to watch the #5 team in the country, you get a hot dog and a soda for $15 a person. You’re right Clenz if I went to watch a high school game it would cost me $10-12 dollars for the same thing. $3-5 more to watch the panthers? Come on...sometimes we just like to call people out and complain.

Comment

in reality, you could buy cheap corner tickets, and then sit in any of the thousands of empty better seats, as long as you don't mind possibly having to move if someone shows up with actual tickets to those seats.

And I refuse to pay $4 for a small bottle of water (heck, I'd refuse to pay even a reasonable price for bottled water, because it is a wasteful use of plastic). Bring an empty water bottle (which are allowed, as long as they are empty) and fill them up at the water fountain. Much more economical and environmentally friendly.

Comment

Uh. Taking four people to watch the #5 team in the country, you get a hot dog and a soda for $15 a person. You’re right Clenz if I went to watch a high school game it would cost me $10-12 dollars for the same thing. $3-5 more to watch the panthers? Come on...sometimes we just like to call people out and complain.
              What high school game are you going to that a single hot dog and soda is $12?

Again it's not concessions that's the issue. It's the ****ing prices of the tickets. Read up on barriers to entry. We are setting up a massive - gigantic - barrier to even think about entry with ticket prices at 45 plus per ticket for anyone over the age of 23 months.

Especially in a season where our home games are:

Idaho State - a real bad program that the general fan hasn't even heard of
              Southern Utah - a traditionally below average program that most fans have no connection too
              Youngstown - a "name" but not one that will move the needle for general families looking for somewhere to go
              Indiana State - a very bad program overall
              Western Illinois - who will be 1-10 coming into the final game.

That's a horrific home slate and setting record high prices for every game sets up massive BoE to the vast majority of families.

Say whatever you will about "#5 team" that doesn't mean **** to non already UNI football fans, and even then most of them that don't follow the FCS as a whole don't care. Notice how Bob doesn't even mention it in the intro thing?

Attendance is going to be lower, but we can do things to make it more likely people will come. Our prices, coming off of the seasons we have had, with the home slate we have, were easily double what they should have been. Prices should have been 30/20/10 before fees.

Playoffs are going to be even worse because I assume Harris is going to try to charge 30 or 40 plus fees for tickets, and playoffs are known to have 60% attendance of the regular season, nationally, if lucky

Comment

The red section sucks. Stop hyping it.

the most expensive ticket for UNI football should be $20 to $25.

get them in the door and let them spend their money on concessions and beer.

I would also move that giant UNI flag after TDs to the West side.
                Last edited by run&blade; 11-10-2019, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post

What high school game are you going to that a single hot dog and soda is $12?

Again it's not concessions that's the issue. It's the ****ing prices of the tickets. Read up on barriers to entry. We are setting up a massive - gigantic - barrier to even think about entry with ticket prices at 45 plus per ticket for anyone over the age of 23 months.

Especially in a season where our home games are:

Idaho State - a real bad program that the general fan hasn't even heard of
                  Southern Utah - a traditionally below average program that most fans have no connection too
                  Youngstown - a "name" but not one that will move the needle for general families looking for somewhere to go
                  Indiana State - a very bad program overall
                  Western Illinois - who will be 1-10 coming into the final game.

That's a horrific home slate and setting record high prices for every game sets up massive BoE to the vast majority of families.

Say whatever you will about "#5 team" that doesn't mean **** to non already UNI football fans, and even then most of them that don't follow the FCS as a whole don't care. Notice how Bob doesn't even mention it in the intro thing?

Attendance is going to be lower, but we can do things to make it more likely people will come. Our prices, coming off of the seasons we have had, with the home slate we have, were easily double what they should have been. Prices should have been 30/20/10 before fees.

Playoffs are going to be even worse because I assume Harris is going to try to charge 30 or 40 plus fees for tickets, and playoffs are known to have 60% attendance of the regular season, nationally, if lucky
                  $12...Clenz I have to pay to get into the game also. Just think it’s silly to complain about prices this weekend. If you want to talk about other games, that is one thing. Blast coaches, players, administrators, band, fans...doesn’t that get a little old?

Comment

I have attended 0 games at the UNI Dome these last 2 years specifically because of the ticket prices. I can't justify spending $45/ticket for a decent seat for my wife and I, when we can stay home and watch it for "free".

What world are admins living in if they are raising prices to games that people are much more apt to watch at home? Absurdly higher ticket prices to offset lost revenue is...not smart. Its only turning people off.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                      I have attended 0 games at the UNI Dome these last 2 years specifically because of the ticket prices. I can't justify spending $45/ticket for a decent seat for my wife and I, when we can stay home and watch it for "free".
                      that's the mindset of more and more people these days. even if tickets were cheaper, attendance isn't going to rise all that much. Just look at the lack of students at games (and they've already paid for their tickets via the activities fees).

Comment

I don't know that adding WiFi would directly impact attendance, but it could create other sources of revenue that would allow them to lower prices.

The 50/50 raffle, for instance. You have to pay cash and hope they find you. You should be able to pay digitally, maybe even by sending a text. You could do it several times a game and you'd get far more entries.

Concessions. The pricier seats should be able to order concessions through an app and have them delivered.

In addition to revenue, you can up the fan engagement by allowing people to tweet photos and have them appear on the board. Interactive games where you predict plays, choose MVPs, etc.

Advertisers can push ads to people on the WiFi. The team can collect "mailing" lists with contest entries for fan gear.

Having WiFi opens up so many revenue opportunities and improves the experience.
                        Last edited by Yupster; 11-10-2019, 05:25 PM.

Comment

I'm all for WiFi in both buildings. They got an estimate on it. I don't think $3.2 Million is in our budget.
                          #MACtion

Comment

Favorite moment of the game ... about a minute left and ISU-b is moving, Smith gets the strip on the QB and Brinkman covers the ball. Game over.

Does Brinkman flex or trash talk or dance? Nope. Gets up, gives the ball to the official and trots to the sideline.

Brinkman. Killing it all season in the middle. Just doing his job.
                            "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

It is not just football that students do not attend. I have not seen many students at women's basketball or volleyball. The last men's basketball game I went to student attendance was slim also. Students just don't attend in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Yupster View Post
                                The 50/50 raffle, for instance. You have to pay cash and hope they find you. You should be able to pay digitally, maybe even by sending a text. You could do it several times a game and you'd get far more entries.
                                you don't have to hope they find you. You can buy raffle tickets on the South concourse (SW corner between the doors and the beer stand). at least they're always there prior to the game (dunno if they remain there all game or not, as I generally don't leave my seat once I get there). There may be other similar locations.

And there may be legal limits on what forms of payment they are able to accept for raffle ticket purchases. I know you can't use a credit card to purchase lottery/lotto tickets. Maybe raffle tickets have similar restrictions

Comment

Working...
                                X