WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*** Game 15 (Playoff Edition): @ James Madison ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd imagine we're going to end up with Big Sky refs and....yikes.
    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post

I've been in a few arguments in my life...I can't say I've ever thought about doing something such as that.

Or even keeping anyone I'm arguing with in the same room as me.

But...you know....I'm not shocked a supporter of a program that was known for "Mickey's Monkeys" for years doesn't see that such thing as a problem.

Come to our board and I'll make damn sure you ****ing hate it here.
      Well you've already slandered a college athlete by creating a rape charge. I don't really care what you think, just providing the reasonable UNI fans with the actual facts.

I don't hate it here it's quite nice. I like the color scheme!

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDukes View Post

Well you've already slandered a college athlete by creating a rape charge. I don't really care what you think, just providing the reasonable UNI fans with the actual facts.

I don't hate it here it's quite nice. I like the color scheme!
        Sorry. He didn't try to rape her

He tried to have "indecent contact" with her.

My bad

OJ didn't kill anyone either....
        Last edited by clenz; 12-09-2019, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
          Monmouth scored 14 points after running only 1 offensive play.
          (93 yard run on that first play, then JMU scored on a 5-play drive, and Monmouth returned the kickoff for a touchdown)
          Monmouth ended up with 93 yards rushing on the day. Wrap your mind around that. Guerriero was the number one rusher in FCS. Zero rushing yards the rest of the game... for the team. WVU had 34 yards rushing against the JMU defense.

UNI has a great rushing attack. Strength against strength. Should be a fun game.

Comment

Originally posted by TXGiant View Post

Monmouth ended up with 93 yards rushing on the day. Wrap your mind around that. Guerriero was the number one rusher in FCS. Zero rushing yards the rest of the game... for the team. WVU had 34 yards rushing against the JMU defense.

UNI has a great rushing attack. Strength against strength. Should be a fun game.
            UNI has an awful running attack.
            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

I'm into this fairly late and haven't followed all of it but have reached a couple conclusions. 1. I appreciate the JMU information from the fan. Since we have no common opponents and none of us know much about them, it is helpful. 2. I have no idea why we're talking about the legal history of one JMU player. Every program has these issues come up from time to time and the eventual dispensation of the case has nothing to do with the game ahead. There is no way any of us in Panther Nation can know much about the facts of the case so it becomes easy to smear but very difficult to inform. 3. The better team will win on the field and I will hope that whoever wins goes on and wins it all. 4. Sportsmanship, my friends...

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post
                Sorry. He didn't try to rape her

He tried to have "indecent contact" with her.

My bad

OJ didn't kill anyone either....
                So...because you got called a JMU hater on AGS, you think it's ok to attack the opposing players on a personal level? Trash talk is one thing. This carries it to a level we haven't seen since New Hampshire fans were on this board.
                "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

I do appreciate the JMU folks giving some background on their team. Going on the road, will make this a challenge and from what i've seen of JMU i do think they are a quality team with a lot of skilled players. They've dominated the schedule put in front of them and that's all they can do. Thier test will be how that translates as the level of competition rises. The only common is we faced Monmouth. We played them in the playoffs two years ago...and won by 6 scores. Entirely different teams (for us and them)...although they had the same RB. we held them to like 60 yards rushing.

How our D matches up against a skilled offense and if we generate turnovers is the key to how this game goes to me. We're going to hope the score stays below 30 and from there we have a punchers chance. Our front 7 is lights out. and the back 4 isn't far behind. Omar Brown is a likely all american as a true freshman at corner. On offense its big plays for the most part but finding a run game for the first time all year is what saved our season this past weekend. Our games where things got lopsided...we turned the ball over and teams added scores late to make things look worse than what they were.

I hope the team continues to carry the chip on their shoulder from being snubbed by the committee after being the 2nd best team, in the best league in the country, but mostly I'm looking forward to watching a meaningful playoff game on National TV. A good showing is good for the brand.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Cats View Post

So...because you got called a JMU hater on AGS, you think it's ok to attack the opposing players on a personal level? Trash talk is one thing. This carries it to a level we haven't seen since New Hampshire fans were on this board.
                    What's odd is you think I'm personally attacking anyone when I'm literally quoting the charges leveled against him.

I wonder how the victim felt. If simply stating the charges is a personal attack....

Comment

Originally posted by TXGiant View Post
                      Monmouth ended up with 93 yards rushing on the day. Wrap your mind around that. Guerriero was the number one rusher in FCS. Zero rushing yards the rest of the game... for the team.
                      Guerriero actually had 115 total yards gained and 8 yards lost for a total net rushing yardage of 107. The team yardage includes 26 negative yards from their QB being sacked (college stats attribute sack yardage to rushing totals).

Still an impressive defensive performance by JMU other than that first play, admittedly.

Comment

If UNI doesn't give up 17-21 points in the first quarter we will have a ball game

In regulation this year UNI has given up
                        13 to Iowa State
                        14 to Southern Utah - all after it was 34-0
                        6 to Idaho State
                        29 to Weber State - 17 in the first 8 minutes. They had 78 yards of total offense after that, and negative 7 yards in the second half.
                        14 to Youngstown State
                        26 to South Dakota - 21 on the first three drives
                        10 to Illinois State
                        9 to Indiana State
                        7 to Western Illinois
                        3 to San Deigo (the top offense in the nation statitsically)
                        10 to South Dakota State

If theyturn UNI over like SDSU did (UNI has like half of their season turn overs in 2 games against SDSU and all but 1 came in that first game) it will get ugly. Just like when theyturned SDSU over a bunch. That was a 10 point game with 13 minutes left. then SDSU returned a fumble for a score, less than a minute later UNI threw a pick that turned into 7 points and then went into full on pressing mode, punted and the game was over but SDSU and NDSU never let a chance to pile points on go to waste.

NDSU game got ugly in the 4th after injuries ended it. It was a 4 point game at half. UNI got the ball to start the second half and on one of the first plays McShane got drilled after a catch, fumbled and 2 plays later NDSU hit an over top the play to make it 25-14. It stayed that way until well into the 4th when UNI went into pressing mode and started taking chances they don't usually take. NDSU scored again with like 12 minutes left. The last two scores were entirely NDSU doing what they do and managing to score a bunch of points at the end of that game. For about 47 minutes of that game it was highly competitive/contested. Hell, after NDSU went up 25-14 UNI had a ball to the endzone dropped by a WR - with really no one around him - that would have made it 25-21 and completely shifted that game. But it was dropped and snowballs happen.

I'm not saying UNI wins. I'm saying there's a lot more to those two (three if you want WSU) scores.

To prove my point about first quarters - UNI has been outscored 82-59 in the first quarter this year.
                        The second quarter UNI owns a 111-43 advantage and third quarter a 75-49 advantage.
                        The fourth is 57-58 to opponents with most of those points being NDSU/SDSU games just snowballing late.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                          Guerriero actually had 115 total yards gained and 8 yards lost for a total net rushing yardage of 107. The team yardage includes 26 negative yards from their QB being sacked (college stats attribute sack yardage to rushing totals).

Still an impressive defensive performance by JMU other than that first play, admittedly.
                          Almost like UNI holding Weber State to negative 7 yards in the second half of that game and 78 total yards of offense after their first three possessions

Comment

I think the wildcard card for UNI is who dresses for the game on Saturday? With the number of running back and tight end injuries, the offense went from OK to barely passable. Rumors are swirling if Isaiah Weston plays, after a helmet to helmet hit against SD State. The possibility of Briley Moore TE, or a number of other mostly offensive players returning, and in what condition, is a giant unknown.

Comment

I'll be pretty surprised if Moore doesn't at least give it a try. McShane can hopefully add some snaps.

Just one of those two to give will a reliable target would be great for him.
                              #MACtion

Comment

Two years ago we basically got lucky to beat Weber, and the next week we blew away SDSU. There's usually close games along even the best runs. One or two bounces can make the difference. Probably half our starters have been to two NCs so they know what to expect. "Defense wins championships" so your strength is in the right area.

While we averaged in the 22-23k in the regular season attendance, between the weather, Friday night, and playoffs I doubt the crowd would be much more that 16 - 17k.

I do have a lot of respect for UNI and know you've played overall better competition this year. Seems like your team plays much better at home. Isn't your home stadium the "Unidome", or did I just make something up?

I imagine the line will be about 14 points, so if you're confident in the win, there is money to be made.

Comment

Working...
                                X