WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Missouri St coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clenz View Post

Picking one douchebag over another still leave you picking a douchebag.
    Sure, but there's levels to this. Petrino is "I lit a bag of dog poop on fire on your porch," Briles is "I lit your house on fire, and made sure your dog was still inside while I did it." They didn't pick a d-bag over another d-bag, they picked a d-bag over "systemic rape cover up guy."

Comment

Might as well fire Dana Ford and hire Isiah Thomas or Rick Pitino. Maybe Jerry Sandusky can work remotely as a video coordinator.

Comment

Petrino is a total assclown...but like others said, Briles is one of the worst.

Still disgusted at MSU. I hope we continue to beat the piss out of them

Comment

The douchebag stuff notwithstanding, we probably won't have to worry about Petrino too much. If they get above .500 for a few years, he's probably gone for an FBS job. And if they don't, it's status quo.
          "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

Originally posted by CincyPanther88 View Post
            The douchebag stuff notwithstanding, we probably won't have to worry about Petrino too much. If they get above .500 for a few years, he's probably gone for an FBS job. And if they don't, it's status quo.
            He's 58. Given his history he likely isn't getting a real good look from many places at 62-63 years old.

Though I guess it's possible some SBC/CUSA type program might want to take a swing with him.

He's never lasted anywhere for more than 4 full seasons anywhere

His stops have been (in seasons)

The longest stops have been the highest paying stops (Louisville twice - the second where he lost 7 straight games and got canned in season) and Arkansas. He's also left scorched earth everywhere he's been as the HC.

I don't see this working. Best case scenario is they win 5 games a season for his 3 or 4 years and he bolts leaving a bunch of wake to deal with. He isn't going to lay a foundation for that program. He's more likely to leave a crater to climb out of than do anything good/lasting.

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post

I don't see this working. Best case scenario is they win 5 games a season for his 3 or 4 years and he bolts leaving a bunch of wake to deal with. He isn't going to lay a foundation for that program. He's more likely to leave a crater to climb out of than do anything good/lasting.
              Sounds incredibly par for the course for MSU.

Comment

Originally posted by CincyPanther88 View Post
                I think the guy is gonna get chewed up in this league.

​​​
                Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

I think the guy is gonna get chewed up in this league.

​​​
                  Reference : Bo Pelini

Comment

Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post

Reference : Bo Pelini
                    Reference: Earle Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by enkamania View Post

Reference: Earle Bruce
                      Well Earle was 32 years ago.

Not terribly relevant to the current MVFC.
                      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Working...
                      X