WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offseason -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offseason -

Just as well start an off season thread. Lots of talent coming back. The recruiting class looks great. So far minimal departures on the coaching staff and Rima is the only transfer out i've heard of but i'll be curious about if we lose either of last years Freshman QB's who entered the year hoping to compete with Will for the starting job.

So feel free to post your opinions, rumors and insight on the 2020 team. Pitchers and Catchers report tomorrow so spring football isn't far off.

Thoughts on who will fill the LG spot now that Jackson Scott-Brown has graduated?

Assuming Vanderslice moves back to a full-time o-lineman now that Briley and Bohr and back for next year.

Who takes Roosevelt Lawrence spot at CB opposite Omar?
    Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Jacob Keller entered the transfer portal back in November:

https://wcfcourier.com/sports/colleg...495680459.html
      "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

I'd forgot about Keller... it's a move that makes sense for him. Hope he finds a good fit somewhere.

My guess at Guard would be Sorenson...he seemed to be the guy at Guard when Ellis would be nicked up.

At corner...i wonder if Williams moves back. Having Sander back at Safety helps on the back end.

Comment

The offensive line needs to toughen up. There really seems to be little edge with them, as far as nastiness goes. Never mind the thought that some of them are just so freakin' tall. If the team wants to be a power scheme identity, we need stockier lineman who can get underneath and use leverage. If we're going to be a passing outfit, then we need these longer lineman who can extend and keep defenders at bay.
          Last edited by beef50677; 03-20-2020, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Curious if any of the young OL have a chance to break into the lineup next fall.

Jared Penning is an enormous human.

Roper was pretty highly regarded when he signed as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 7YrsOfCollegeDownTheDrain View Post
              I'd forgot about Keller... it's a move that makes sense for him. Hope he finds a good fit somewhere.

My guess at Guard would be Sorenson...he seemed to be the guy at Guard when Ellis would be nicked up.

At corner...i wonder if Williams moves back. Having Sander back at Safety helps on the back end.
              Could see XW back at CB and Evans, Perry or Brekke at safety along with Korby.

Or XW at safety and Mayberry or Evans at CB.

Is Nimmers healthy enuf to get back in the mix? He had that bad knee injury a while back.

Comment

Do we have any former Panthers playing XFL?

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
                  Do we have any former Panthers playing XFL?
                  Elijah Campbell plays for DC. Blocked a punt last weekend.
                  #MACtion

Comment

Elijah Campbell plays for DC defenders. Blocked a punt that was recover for a TD the other day.

Comment

http:/
                      Last edited by CaliPanther; 02-21-2020, 05:57 PM.

Comment

See you soon

Comment

I like the addition of the two transfers from Kansas...I hope the RB is a dynamic addition. Both good students too. We've clearly lacked a dynamic RB since Tyvis Smith had an amazing Jr year.

Any thoughts on QB? this is just my speculation but I wonder, is Will or forgone conclusion (obviously the "leader in the clubhouse" at this point) or does anyone think Martens and/or Fomby will push their way in front of him after a year in the program? I've been a supporter and believer in Will but i feel there's a lot of talent in the QB room.

Comment

I would be surprised if Will is not a 4 year starter. He’s a very good player and tough as hell.
                            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Speaking of QB/RB/High expectations for next year, what have we heard about the offensive line? If the offensive line is even just "good," there's no reason to not compete for a title next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X