WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offseason -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, I'd bet that Wichita State won't even have a football team come this fall

Comment

Will there even be football? Yet to be determined.

Comment

I wonder if the deadlines for renewing season tickets and the like will be pushed back at all

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
          I wonder if the deadlines for renewing season tickets and the like will be pushed back at all
          Extended to the 30th of April now.
          If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

What if the game with Iowa is not played? Lossing that income and the income cutback from the NCAA will be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherFan View Post
              What if the game with Iowa is not played? Lossing that income and the income cutback from the NCAA will be a problem.
              If the game with Iowa isn't played, it's likely because there isn't any football being played at all, at that point...well I'm not gonna pretend to know, but I think it'll be clear by then, whatever happens.

That more than likely won't be the case, though, this thing should be simmered down for quite some time by then, as long as the social distancing and quarantining is actually thorough (looking at you, Florida officials who refuse to shut down the beaches, who have clearly never seen Jaws).
              Last edited by sevelev711; 03-31-2020, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

If the game with Iowa isn't played, it's likely because there isn't any football being played at all, at that point...well I'm not gonna pretend to know, but I think it'll be clear by then, whatever happens.

That more than likely won't be the case, though, this thing should be simmered down for quite some time by then, as long as the social distancing and quarantining is actually thorough (looking at you, Florida officials who refuse to shut down the beaches, who have clearly never seen Jaws).
                Unfortunately they're expecting another round of this to hit hard this fall. What that looks like... only time will tell.
                "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

I laughed and I don't even feel bad about it.
                  #MACtion

Comment

We ain't getting football this fall folks.

I doubt we get much of a basketball season.

It's going to get real ugly when colleges go online only again in the fall, because they'll have to go online only in the spring. You aren't moving entire campuses in over the Holiday break.

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post
                      You aren't moving entire campuses in over the Holiday break.
                      Why not? Entire campuses get moved in over the course of a week or so in August each year.
                      I don't see why moving in during a week in January would be much different, other than the chance of inclement weather in some regions.

Comment

I saw the addition of Watson as QB coach upthread (last week). Farley added a WR coach - Joe Ganz, from YSU - filling out the coaching staff:

CEDAR FALLS, Iowa – UNI head coach Mark Farley rounded out his coaching staff for the 2020 season. Farley' entering his 20th season as the head coach o...

"Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

RB Coach Nick Danielson addressing the running game. From the article:

"'That is one of the biggest things we focused on as a room this winter,” Danielson said. “Where our identity has to grow is we have to step up and make plays that aren’t just given to us by our offensive line. We have to step up and make plays … do stuff on our own, turn 10-yard runs into 30-yard runs … things like that.'"

Entire read:

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

"'That is one of the biggest things we focused on as a room this winter,” Danielson said. “Where our identity has to grow is we have to step up and make plays that aren’t just given to us by our offensive line. We have to step up and make plays … do stuff on our own, turn 10-yard runs into 30-yard runs … things like that.'"

Entire read:
                            https://wcfcourier.com/sports/colleg...me-top-story-1
                            I'd like to see us have 10 yard runs even.

Let's focus on making 2 yard runs 4 yard runs before we start aiming for 30 yard runs.

Take Will's scrambles out and I think think we had less than 20 runs of 10 or more yards all season.

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

Entire read:
                              https://wcfcourier.com/sports/colleg...me-top-story-1
                              Hopefully that won't be a problem this year! They better not cancel this season because it's gonna be magical!!!!

Comment

Holding spring workouts via Zoom...

Comment

Working...
                                X