WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Football Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    I'm guessing we go 50% capacity for the year.

Might as well go full capacity but peer pressure is going to prevent it.
    50% capacity...

So, Iowa can have 35k in their stadium, and UNI can only have 8k? lol, makes zero sense.

Open it up.
    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

50% capacity...

So, Iowa can have 35k in their stadium, and UNI can only have 8k? lol, makes zero sense.

Open it up.
      Oh I totally agree with you.

I don't think that the Athletic Department is going to get to make that decision.
      #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post

Take a look at what's happening in Texas right now with their numbers.

They were one of the first major reopen states. They will certainly have the attention of policy makers.

Early results are seeing pretty significant hospitalization spikes, FWIW.
        Yeah, I saw that mentioned elsewhere. Has there been any deep dive in to the numbers and the reason behind the spike?

Comment

• Originally posted by UNI MadCat View Post

Tell us how you feel about protests though.
          Not a fan. Evidently, those folks are magically immune to the Chinese bat flu too. Hy-vee, lowes, walmart, ozarks, blm rallys and protests of any kind. But that’s it. Everything else is ultra dangerous and it’s Trump’s fault. Just ask your nearest liberal friend when you are at one of the aforementioned venues or activities

Comment

• Originally posted by panther-state View Post

Yep, my friends father just decided to "play dead" this week as part of some big practical joke to make the president look dumb.
            I’m extremely sorry to hear about that. I truly am. I don’t know the circumstances and this isn’t the place to discuss, but it’s simply a fact that a heavy majority recover and that ones that don’t are a certain demographic and/or have certain pre-existing conditions. Not leaving the house isn’t living. 20 yr olds not going to college and sports ceasing isn’t living life. Nor is shutting the economy down and never going to work again. One day at a time and one foot in front of the other. Dodge the lightning, car accidents and now covid. Live life.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post

I'm not going to waste bandwidth debating points with you because clearly you aren't qualified.
              Chalk another one up for the attic. Gotcha counted. I promise. We’ll come get you if and when there’s a foolproof vaccine. Make sure you have your Netflix subscription paid ahead and plenty of dried goods. The common cold, flu, aids, etc...still doesn’t have one. Those folks ran out a while back and we haven’t heard from them in a while! Take care!

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

Yeah, I saw that mentioned elsewhere. Has there been any deep dive in to the numbers and the reason behind the spike?
                Population

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
                  Population
                  It's not population at this point
                  22 states are seeing increases. More than a couple are now setting records for hospitalizations

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post
                    It's not population at this point
                    22 states are seeing increases. More than a couple are now setting records for hospitalizations
                    On the surface I’ll agree with this. But I also don’t buy off on the total doom and gloom as presented by the left and the mainstream media. Any bad news from Florida or Texas will be magnified by the media due to the political party of the governors in question. It doesn’t mean negative news is all wrong, just that it should be scrutinized depending I’m on the source.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

Any bad news from Florida or Texas will be magnified by the media due to the political party of the governors in question.
                      And by this I assume you mean in the opposite direction. It's crazy how far both sides will go to be right these days. Running a business requires compromise... I don't know why that is such a lost art in politics. All it has done is bring the crazies out to both parties.

If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post

Not a fan. Evidently, those folks are magically immune to the Chinese bat flu too. Hy-vee, lowes, walmart, ozarks, blm rallys and protests of any kind. But that’s it. Everything else is ultra dangerous and it’s Trump’s fault. Just ask your nearest liberal friend when you are at one of the aforementioned venues or activities
                        Congrats on officially becoming a caricature of yourself.

Comment

And by this I assume you mean in the opposite direction. It's crazy how far both sides will go to be right these days. Running a business requires compromise... I don't know why that is such a lost art in politics. All it has done is bring the crazies out to both parties.
                          I have gotten to the point where I don’t trust anything. I hear cases are spiking...I hear things are totally fine....its all probably BS. Everyone is more worried about their side being right, making the others look dumb and “winning” that the truth has been completely lost and no one really cares about doing the actual right thing.

America’s propensity not to trust authority at their word is probably a good thing. Its when people think they are experts based on what they Googled that we get in trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

50% capacity...

Open it up.
                            It makes sense if the goal is to have enough space that folks can go to the game while still maintaining safe social distancing.

Comment

I do mean both ways. Most of the media “power” in this country is highly slanted leftwards. The right has something of a voice in Fox News, and owns talk radio. The left controls almost everything else. Newspapers, TV networks, social media, search engines, academia, celebrity culture, etc. However, it pays to not just take in one side, if that’s what you’re getting at.

Comment

• Austin, Texas just extended stay @ home orders to Aug. 15. While also re-opening to 75% at the same time. Makes no sense. I live in the burbs of Austin and no one seems to care about the pandemic. no social distancing, very little masks, etc. Once they opened to 25% it was over from where i was seeing. The athletic side of it..the state is trying so hard to re open for football. I really don't see as a coach myself how its gonna work. No one is really listening anymore. Country is in trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X