WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Football Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The majority of the new positives are all younger people. That’s probably why there are new restrictions on bars/restaurants in some states. Same is true here in Iowa.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post

Because the 'Mericua crowd thinks that they can't be forced to do anything. You can't tell me that I have to wear a mask into a store. Conveniently forgetting that they've already been required to wear clothing and shoes into the store. My mother has been told to take off her mask when visiting a local car dealer because "we don't have the virus here". It comes down to the fact that people are stupid.
      So when college starts back up and cases explode you going to blame it on republicans ? I think the percent of college students that identify as republicans is very small. Using your logic colleges opening will have no impact on cases. You taking wagers ?

Comment

• Originally posted by run&blade View Post

So when college starts back up and cases explode you going to blame it on republicans ? I think the percent of college students that identify as republicans is very small. Using your logic colleges opening will have no impact on cases. You taking wagers ?
        If a college student wears a mask, but has to go into the gas station with rednecks who don't, he'll get it. Your logic sucks, because it assumes that the people acting irresponsibly only infects those that are irresponsible. That's not how this works. If I wear a mask, I'm protecting others, if others don't, they are putting me at risk.

Comment

Your logic could work, if N95 make were readily available, which, of course, they aren't.

Comment

• So many people just can't grasp the concept that the major effectiveness of cloth/paper masks isn't in protecting the mask wearer from other peoples germs, but in better containing the mask wearer's germs so that they don't spread to others as easily. Those that refuse to wear a mask are dangerously selfish and putting the entire population at risk.

Comment

• I think people are getting confused by the political sides. And the polarization that inevitably comes with that.
              We have steps to prevent spread that include social distancing, closing of parts of the economy, and masks. And while they will no doubt save some lives, slowing the economy will lead to loss of livelihood and lives.
              I wear a mask any time I’m indoors at a public place. I feel like the people who don’t are doing it because they think slowing the economy is more dangerous than the virus. While I respect that, to me it makes it more important to wear a mask, not less.

Comment

• wearing a mask doesn't slow the economy at all (other than perhaps at an auction, I suppose. haha)

Comment

No one mentioned anything about Republicans. What does that have to do with the previous post?

95 mentioned people who think wearing a mask in a public (or private business) space is a violation of their rights are one of the main factors that is driving this current crisis even further out of control. We're seeing a lack of self-discipline and responsibility right now because a lot of privileged individuals have conveniently forgotten that we're still in the middle of a pandemic.

Honestly though, when a bunch of gov't officials act like its over and business as usual, it shouldn't surprise anyone that people are going act this way. It's just disappointing, I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                    wearing a mask doesn't slow the economy at all ...
                    Right. That’s my point.

Comment

• Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                      So many people just can't grasp the concept that the major effectiveness of cloth/paper masks isn't in protecting the mask wearer from other peoples germs, but in better containing the mask wearer's germs so that they don't spread to others as easily. Those that refuse to wear a mask are dangerously selfish and putting the entire population at risk.
                      Or those people believe they don’t have it, so like you said, wearing a mask won’t protect them from others germs. They probably believe if you have the covid you need to wear a mask.

Comment

• As for the number of positive cases rising, how many are false positives? A person at my work (who I have very little contact with) tested positive. Others around her went on the 10 day quarantine as well. Just as precaution and out of curiosity I went to get tested at the Test Iowa site. Now I always wear a mask, practice social distancing to the utmost degree, have had no symptoms, and my result came back positive. So a few days later I got tested again and it came back negative.

with inconsistent test results like that, who do you trust. Just keep practicing preventive measures and use common sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by havok58 View Post
                          Or those people believe they don’t have it, so like you said, wearing a mask won’t protect them from others germs. They probably believe if you have the covid you need to wear a mask.
                          but there is absolutely no way that they can know for certain that they don't have it, as it is quite possible to have it but be asymptomatic (yet still capable of infecting others). Even if they had just gotten tested (which I'm quite sure they haven't), there is a delay in getting results for those tests and they could have contracted it since being tested.

of course, that type of logic is too much for their 2 brain cells to comprehend.

Comment

• Originally posted by havok58 View Post
                            As for the number of positive cases rising, how many are false positives? A person at my work (who I have very little contact with) tested positive. Others around her went on the 10 day quarantine as well. Just as precaution and out of curiosity I went to get tested at the Test Iowa site. Now I always wear a mask, practice social distancing to the utmost degree, have had no symptoms, and my result came back positive. So a few days later I got tested again and it came back negative.

with inconsistent test results like that, who do you trust. Just keep practicing preventive measures and use common sense.
                            Which also sucks when you think about how many people recieve results that say "negative" when they do in fact have it. I hope that most are using common sence (and decency) like you said. In any case, the Test Iowa rollercoaster has been anything but encouraging.

Comment

• All I know is that if they cancel the football/basketball/volleyball/wrestling season because some of you didn't want to wear a mask for ten minutes when you go to walmart, I'll be ticked.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                                All I know is that if they cancel the football/basketball/volleyball/wrestling season because some of you didn't want to wear a mask for ten minutes when you go to walmart, I'll be ticked.
                                My son was playing in a Monday night basketball league here in CF. Myself and my family were the only ones wearing masks during the games. The gym was PACKED. Sure enough, two weeks into league play, his coach's daughter tested positive... shutting our team down. She has displayed absolutely zero symptoms, but now we're done playing.

It sucks. It all sucks. Wearing a mask is all we can do, folks.

"...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Working...
                                X