WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Football Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decision on post season coming Wednesday morning.

Comment

• I used to play kick the can as a kid. The NCAA just kicked the can way down the road. "Divisions must determine status of fall championships no later than Aug. 21"
      NCAA letting their own divisions decide on the status of championships.

I'm going with the "well, we still have a shot"

Comment

• Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
        I used to play kick the can as a kid. The NCAA just kicked the can way down the road. "Divisions must determine status of fall championships no later than Aug. 21"
        NCAA letting their own divisions decide on the status of championships.

I'm going with the "well, we still have a shot"
        I see no way the season happens. It's only about the money and FCS doesn't make the money.

I generally make no comments that are political but its just so hard when we are losing at least a year of sports because of stupidity ugh.

Comment

• Teams need to know whether to prepare or not. Kids need to know.

I know it's on a much smaller scale and I'm not comparing, but I literally dropped my junior high kid off at pre-season football camp yesterday- and I will again today - and they still haven't decided if he will have a football season. But... he's at camp all week. It's just a mess. He wants to play and he's happy to practice so that he can get better... hell, he'd be happy to practice all fall even without games. But the not knowing is a mean mind game when we're this close to kick off.
          "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
            I see no way the season happens. It's only about the money and FCS doesn't make the money.
            depends on how literal they are taking that terminology.
            FCS and FBS are part of the same "division" (division I).
            But it wouldn't surprise me to have them base things on subdivision as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
              Teams need to know whether to prepare or not. Kids need to know.

I know it's on a much smaller scale and I'm not comparing, but I literally dropped my junior high kid off at pre-season football camp yesterday- and I will again today - and they still haven't decided if he will have a football season. But... he's at camp all week. It's just a mess. He wants to play and he's happy to practice so that he can get better... hell, he'd be happy to practice all fall even without games. But the not knowing is a mean mind game when we're this close to kick off.
              It would seem logical for teams to prepare until the season is definitively cancelled.

Comment

• Just heard on the news that DII and DIII cancelled all championships for fall sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

They don't make a profit, but they do produce substantial revenue. Without a season the vast majority of expenses continue, only the revenue disappears. Not that that should be the primary consideration.
                  GO PANTHERS!

Comment

• Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                    It would seem logical for teams to prepare until the season is definitively cancelled.
                    Agreed. But at the higher levels, as soon as teams report, they have to start testing. Every player. Every coach. Every week. That costs money. Lots of it.
                    "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• Read that FCS needs 50% of its teams to have a playoff, and so far that nearly 60% are committed to playing this season.

Central Arkansas plays Austin Peay in the FCS kickoff off classic. The Southland Conference intends to play football this season, but if they don’t Central Arkansas says they will still try to play. Maybe get them to come here for a game since we’re short.

Comment

• Can't we just run our guys through TestIowa a couple times of week? Semi-joking....
                        #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                          Can't we just run our guys through TestIowa a couple times of week? Semi-joking....
                          Decision delayed again. What a joke. (Or MVC/MVFC, it all runs together)

Comment

• MVFC Football "On Hold".

rip 2020

Comment

• The Big Sky is out. That means there are no playoffs.

Party's over guys. Best team in at least a decade and we'll never see them play a game.
                              #MACtion

Comment

• I feel sick. I was clinging to hope.

Comment

Working...
                                X