WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Football Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
    Is anyone a lawyer?? Can you interpret this for me?

MVFC Statement on 2020 Fall Season
    The Missouri Valley Football Conference Presidents Council has determined patience is warranted regarding any decision to modify the 2020 Fall season, seeing merit in delaying as long as there remains a possibility to provide a safe competitive opportunity for MVFC student-athletes.

The MVFC and its Presidents Council will continue to monitor national developments and, if necessary, will consider additional action as dictated by circumstances.

looks like this was posted at 1:44 ???

Does that quote represent the clarity of thought by those making the decision? Yikes!

Comment

• Originally posted by UNI MadCat View Post

Perhaps “quaint” is a better descriptor.

You keep staying delusional while the adults deal with the mess.

See you in the spring.
      If by adults you liberal, big government types, I think you need to rethink your definition of delusional. That’s ****ing laughable.

Comment

• Elerson Smith just tweeted that he's entering the transfer portal.
        "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

• I think we should all feel lucky the P5 leagues haven't made any coordinating moves here. This all feels a whisker away from the P5 break-away finally happening, and it just might if they could all get on the same page.

Comment

• I'm kind of hoping everyone moves to the spring or the season is canceled outright. What a mess this will become and a nightmare for the FCS.

Comment

• I just heard on KXNO the MAC has cancelled their season. The Big Ten has cancelled plans for padded practices until further notice, and their presidents are meeting shortly to re-evaluate the situation. This whole thing is going in the wrong direction if you want a fall season. The guys entering the portal may end up with no place to play this fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                The guys entering the portal may end up with no place to play this fall.
                not like they'd have any place to play this fall if they didn't enter the portal. *shrug*

Comment

• Entering the transfer portal means you're considering transferring.

If FBS schools move to spring in the next week these guys may rethink their situation.

​​​​​​Very fluid situation and really tough for these guys.
                  Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Does the MVFC move to spring mean UNI could not play ISU on Sept 19th?

Comment

• Originally posted by sivert View Post
                      Does the MVFC move to spring mean UNI could not play ISU on Sept 19th?
                      Acoording to Randy Peterson in today’s DMR, Iowa State called and offered that date. UNI declined.. South Dakota was then called and is considering it. Their previously scheduled game in Ames is now considered cancelled.

Comment

• I think if UNI declined that game, I'm gonna guess they'll pass on every game in the fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                          I think if UNI declined that game, I'm gonna guess they'll pass on every game in the fall.
                          If you’ve read some things this weekend, it sounds like a moot point. According to various sources, all the P5 conferences are punting and playing in the spring. It’s all supposed to come down this week if the reports are correct.

Comment

• At least UNI has facilities that could reasonably accommodate Spring football. Iowa State's field will be just horrible. Hard to imagine Spring football being a realistic alternative for most northern schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                              At least UNI has facilities that could reasonably accommodate Spring football. Iowa State's field will be just horrible. Hard to imagine Spring football being a realistic alternative for most northern schools.
                              Only so many domes in the northern states - there may be football seven days a week in the UNI-Dome if there is Spring football.
                              "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

• Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

Only so many domes in the northern states - there may be football seven days a week in the UNI-Dome if there is Spring football.
                                Do you think there’s a realistic chance other teams play in the dome? To me, football in March is no different than October or November. It’s all still a crapshoot with the weather that most teams will normally live with. I can’t imagine they’ll start in February, but that’s just a guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X