WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mahaffey to the NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mahaffey to the NFL

That's quite the update in the middle of the game but apparently Mahaffey is no longer the offensive coordinator as he accepted a job with the Green Bay Packers.

Yep. That caught me by surprised as well. It must have just happened because there’s nothing on the internets about it.

So now who’s running the offense? Farley?

Comment

Wish him huge success.

He's a good guy and hope he kills it.

I think that's a good thing on several levels.
      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Assuming either Ganz or Watson are calling the O.
        Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
          Assuming either Ganz or Watson are calling the O.
          Cole Bair reporting Shawn Watson is now the offensive coordinator. Said that Mahaffey met with David Harris yesterday.
          I wonder if change of OC at the last day had an effect in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
            Cole Bair reporting Shawn Watson is now the offensive coordinator. Said that Mahaffey met with David Harris yesterday.
            I wonder if change of OC at the last day had an effect in the game.
            I would hope that the Packers would still let Mahaffey coach in the game before reporting to Green Bay. If that was an option, I would hope that Farley and / or Harris would have let Mahaffey coach as well.

I don’t want to believe it’s a situation where Green Bay said “we need you ASAP” or Farley / Harris told Mahaffey to turn his keys immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by havok58 View Post
              I would hope that the Packers would still let Mahaffey coach in the game before reporting to Green Bay. If that was an option, I would hope that Farley and / or Harris would have let Mahaffey coach as well.

I don’t want to believe it’s a situation where Green Bay said “we need you ASAP” or Farley / Harris told Mahaffey to turn his keys immediately.
              while I don't know the inner workings of an NFL team, I can't imagine why there would be anything THAT urgent that GB would hire a coach/staffmember/whatever-his-new-position-is in mid-February and need him immediately without letting him have a week or so to wrap up his current job and stuff. I mean I could understand it if it was filling an in-season vacancy or training camp or whatever. It isn't like being a player or something where playing in the final game risks injury.

My bet is that while they may not have publicly announced it until now, he probably new about the job earlier, and probably let Farley know.
              Either that or there is some sort of drama between Mahaffey and Farley, and RM just wanted out as soon as he knew he got the GB job.

Comment

This is the second time RM has left the Panthers coaching staff as the OC. However who could turn down as job with GB. Just very bad timing for UNI

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                  while I don't know the inner workings of an NFL team, I can't imagine why there would be anything THAT urgent that GB would hire a coach/staffmember/whatever-his-new-position-is in mid-February and need him immediately without letting him have a week or so to wrap up his current job and stuff. I mean I could understand it if it was filling an in-season vacancy or training camp or whatever. It isn't like being a player or something where playing in the final game risks injury.

My bet is that while they may not have publicly announced it until now, he probably new about the job earlier, and probably let Farley know.
                  Either that or there is some sort of drama between Mahaffey and Farley, and RM just wanted out as soon as he knew he got the GB job.
                  Good call. NFL teams are known for their patience...
                  #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post

All NFL teams are in full throttle draft prep right now. They also have spring mini camps coming up, and they’d probably have Mahaffey watch tons of film on every game and most of the practices related to his position group from last season. There’d be a lot for him to do.

Comment

Officially announced with role offense quality control coach (one of two listed). What everyone dreams of growing up. Grading film. And more film.

Packers announce full 2021 coaching staff (msn.com)

Comment

The Packers made a hire today which generated a story about their 2022 coaching staff. Ryan Mahaffey is listed as Assistant O Line coach. Another former UNI assistant, Jerry Montgomery, is the D Line coach and run game coordinator.

Comment

Working...
                        X